Tue, Oct 22, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: daz-Millennium Beard???

PandaPride ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 4:11 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:27 AM

this is made for MIke 1, can I get it to work for mike 3 and 2? or is there another product I can get that does the same thing for either mike 2 or 3? --Essie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 4:17 PM

It works just fine on Mike 2. Not currently for Mike 3, although a lot of people have requested it. Maybe DAZ will produce an upgrade for an M3 version. I don't know of any alternatives.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 4:18 PM

Actually, it was made for Mike 2. For some reason most of DAZ' product pages have ad copy that says that Mike or Vicky 1 is required for products that were created for version 2 of the meshes. Just one of the bizarre things that occurred during their never-ending site redesign. I'm pretty sure that the Millennium Beard will work just fine with Michael 1. With M3, I've had mixed results. It takes quite a bit of tweaking. Depending upon the way you've morphed the face, you might encounter considerable difficulty with this, but I'm not saying it can't be done. In my opinion it's one of the best and most useful Mike 2 products. Very well worth the cost.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 4:25 PM

Jeez, I'm cross-posting with everyone today. Since we're on this subject, here are some tips for successful use of the MilBeard. For some reason this technique results in more successful conforming, at least for me: 1) Morph your character's face to your satisfaction. Save the face morph as a .fc2 to the face library. 2) Load the Millennium Beard. 3) Before you conform the beard, select it, and choose "head," not "body." 4) Apply the .fc2 pose you'd saved in step 1 to the beard. 5) Now select "body," then conform the beard to the face. Voila! It should be a perfect fit. 6) Apply the color and MAT you want from the Millennium Beard's "pose" folder (I don't remember the default folder name, since I always change DAZ' names to my own upon installation.)

PandaPride ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 5:02 PM

thanks so much for all your help! --Essie

OReillyTX ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 10:51 AM

Thank you for the tip! Ive been going nuts trying to get it on M3 and look good. I REALLY REALLY hope DAZ creates us a update fot the Mil Beard. Its a great piece that I use very often.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.