Sun, Oct 6, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Leaves from electroglyph...Thanks

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:42 PM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 4:36 PM

file_81379.jpg

Thanks for the leaf/trans jpegs. They look great. I had one small puzzle to work through. As I worked on the piece I kept seeing faint "edge ghosts" I tried everything from inside bryce. Nothing worked. Next step, I examined the mats up close. The scans have shadows, which in turn create ghosts in the trans-map. These probably won't be noticable in mid-to-distant renders. The fix for these is manually cutting them closer in an image editing program. (ok, one more small note) The center leaf is applied to a shpere, the others to a semi flat stone. Trying to flatten them with a shpere squishes the ends over. The Stone works great! Thanks Again, These are excellent samples.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2003 at 10:43 PM

file_81380.jpg

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 8:54 AM

The reason why they show up is because of the shadows of the Leaves showing on the White when scanned...Should have been Painted out in Paintshop Pro or Photoshop...Still nice Leaf images...

electroglyph ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2003 at 9:04 AM

You're welcome! I did these for not so closeup work. I just did a black fill from the edge and adjusted the tolerance. I stopped when I started chipping parts off the actual leaf. It was close enough for what I needed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.