Mon, Oct 21, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 15 1:50 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My feeble efforts...

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2000 at 8:44 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 11:05 PM

file_131475.jpg

I couldn't get the textures to work quite right in either Poser or Bryce, so I posted the composite... More details in the Challenge Gallery, if I do this right!

Tempest ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 12:05 AM

I don't think thats to feeble at all, it puts to shame anything I could hope to acomplish, nice work. I like the wholw Bionic Mage idea Tempest

DbS ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 1:17 AM

Nice stuff CharlieBrown. I LUV the wrench/staff!!! ~Dave

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 8:09 AM

Thanks Tempest. I just wish I'd gotten the body texture to translate better between Poser and Bryce. Dave, I'd been thinking of giving him a staff, then thought - "Wait, a wrench would be more fitting, and funnier, and I think that Parts & Props CD has one, so why not?" :-)

Roshigoth ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 11:30 AM

Hey, I think he looks cool. I like the wrench too. Why's the poser one have a mouthpiece, but the bryce one doesn't? I think he'd have looked better in Bryce if you'd kept the glowing eye, too. All in all, he looks great. =) Rosh

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 12:03 PM

It's not a mouthpiece. His lips are transparent (or I tried to do that!) to show the metallic teeth behind it; actually, I kind of liked the way the "mouthpiece" happened... But I couldn't isolate the lip section in Bryce so lost that effect... ANd I TRIED to keep the glowing eye, but somehow Bryce decided to group all three of the spheres in the image into one item, and I couldn't ungroup it, no matter how I tried... I'm still learning that program, often the hard way, it seems! Thanks for the comments.

Roshigoth ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2000 at 7:45 PM

Sometimes it's hard. The lips can be isolated materialwise... just zoom in really far, then ctrl-click and choose different parts till the lips highlight. =) As for the spheres, well, I'd say it's something to do with the poser export... There's always the option of creating spheres to replace those, though that's really a pain. Either way, you still did a great job considering how much of a pain both programs can be at times. =) Rosh

DbS ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 1:27 AM

Agreed, Rosh. A terrific concept and well rendered in both progs :) ~Dave

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 8:47 AM

Thanks to both of you; I had fun with this (when I wasn't pulling out hair, that is...). Wound up exporting four versions of the character (for some reason, one piece of clothing didn't exsport correctly TWICE!) from Poser to get this far! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.