Thu, Oct 10, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: DAZ question

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 8:32 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 8:14 PM

Hi, I'm pretty new to Poser and I have a DAZ question. What's the difference between PREMIER STORE, PLATINUM CLUB and SPECIAL INTEREST? (I sent an email asking them, but got no response) Any other wisdom about how to use the DAZ site would be very helpful. Thanks.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 10:35 PM
Site Admin

The Premier is the "regular" store. The Platinum Club offers a bunch of stuff for $1.99 to people who have a paid membership (you can buy that there too). The Special Interest has other things, I think on a permanent half-price sale or something.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 10:36 PM

From the Daz Website FAQ: "There are now 3 store zones at DAZ3d. The Premier, the Platinum Savings Club, and the Special Interest. The Premier Store is the "old" DAZ store. It is home of the Millennium Figures (i.e. Victoria, Michael) this store is packed with amazing models, detailed textures, real life poses, and out of this world software. The Platinum Club is for members only. Please view the Platinum Club FAQ for more information. With a membership, all products within the Platinum Club are ALWAYS $1.99 per product. And that's not all; you can also save 30% off DAZ original products (even sale items.) Discounts are limited to members only! The Special Interest store has more discounts available to the general public. You will find the different store links at the top of your web page across the entire site."

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 11:14 PM

Thanks a ton!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2003 at 11:43 PM

You should also be aware that the Daz site has a forum, tutorial section, and other areas of interest. So, don't hesitate to check out more of the site to get acquainted! :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 1:16 AM

There is general confusion about the "special interest" section, because much of the stuff in there is new, brokered items, not on sale... and even though they say that it is for niche offerings, you will find more general purpose stuff in there, while the cartoons and fantasy offerings take center stage in the Premium Store.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 12:31 PM

Heh, carolly, didn't you know that cartoons and fantasy stuff IS general purpose for poser and "Real World" stuff is the "Special Interest":) I think poser is an excellent outlet of escapism. Even though I tend to prefer real world stuff, it's an escape for the humdrum day to day that I see (I haven't been out of doors for any length of time in weeks:( eric

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 3:40 PM

If you do visit the DAZ forum, in the 'Commons' forum, you'll find a thread called 'What exactly is Special Interest?' Since it seems that no one has yet figured out what Special Interest is supposed to be (including DAZ themselves, I think), DAZ have decided to rename it and change all the categories so they make sense. mac

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2003 at 8:06 PM

The Special Interest area used to be called "The Loft," where they featured some of their older items from their Zygote days, but it's evolved into much more, so they've changed it to "Special Interest." Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.