Sat, Sep 21, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Review of 3DWorld magazine

Ikyoto ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 8:02 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:44 AM

The only complaint I have is the fonts they use... but the actualcontent.. it's OUTSTANDING! They gave out a full version of Bryce 3D (I already have 4, but the 15 meshes on the CD are worth it as well!) and all kinds of tips. 50 neat tricks for 3D Studio Max and a WONDERFUL how to for building things in Bryce. Those of you in England.. THANK YOU! This British import may be hard to find and the cost (mine was $13.95) may pu tyou off, but invest.. trust me. It is reall kick a$$.

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 8:54 PM

You are talking to someone who HUNTS down issues of COMPUTER ARTS (#46 and Specials 9 and 10 you will be mine BWAA HAHAHA!) I really do appreciate the qulaity of the UK publications.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

bonestructure ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 9:23 PM

We get those and a few others at the Barnes and Noble store here, but sadly I can't afford them. I think skygirl is gonna mail me her issues when she's done with them though, so I may still get to read them. Ironic, I have pictures in the 3D World Gallery online and can't even afford the magazine

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 4:15 AM

Both of the magazines from Future publishing are excellent, Computer Arts has long been a favorite, and 3DWorld looks as though it's going to be every bit as good - although I managed to miss issue #1, I grabbed #2 the day it came out. Paul

Ikyoto ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 7:43 AM

Paul.. since we seem to be a bit behind (#1 didn't hit the shelves here untill yesterday) how FAR behind are we? (and what kind of stuff is in #2? Give us a hint!)

LoboUK ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2000 at 7:55 AM

You're not that far behind :) Issue #3 is just about to hit the shelves here in the UK. I don't recall everything on the Issue #2 disk, but it does have a whole heap of 3D models by Cyber-Site on there - I think there was something like 2500 ($3750) worth. Issue #3 has even more Cyber-Site models (I think 20 of them) and textures by a company called Ekko, as well as some demo-plugins and other stuff. Issue #3 goes on sale tomorrow (whoo-hoo) here in the UK so I guess issue #2 should be early September for you guys. (Now that sucks). You can get some idea of what's in by checking their website Paul

wetworks ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 10:06 AM

Did anyone order issue #1 on-line when this information was first made availble. I am impatient by nature, but it's been a long time now and I still haven't received issue #1 here in Texas. Since it sounds like it just recently hit the news stands, I'm willing to wait a bit longer, but sure would like to hear some feedback from y'all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.