Wed, Sep 18, 9:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Run, Run...More Newbie Questions!

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 12:42 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 5:47 AM

Here is my newest render:

bfly1-orange.jpg

I know the lighting still needs some work, but overall I'm fairly happy with it considering last week it would have all been a big stuck together pile :)

My questions are:

1. How do I go about putting in things like flowers/trees etc without making it look like they are either a) stuck all in the ground or b) sitting on top of the ground about ready to fall over. I guess I'm trying to find a way to give the appearance of a slightly more natural transition from root to above ground.

2. Can you use a jpg as a background and if so how? Right now I am using all premade backgrounds like the Multiplane Cyclorama.

As always suggestions/critiques are appreciated.

Um..trying to credit here:

background: MP Cyclorama (DAZ)
flowers: Transpond's Spring Floral Mega Pack and also RDNA Garden Plants Vol 2 (RDNA)
butterfly: RDNA Butterflies (RDNA)

Towal

Valandar ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 12:50 PM
  1. By either hiding the roots completely, or actually modelling it so it would look like its in the ground, with faint bulges where they meet. 2) Yes. Go to File - Import - background Picture.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 2:25 PM

Beautiful...Sharen

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 4:43 PM

Valandar: Thank you. Never dawned on me to look for an import function :( I'll have to work on the root modeling. Sharen: Thank you :) Towal

LovePyrs ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 5:41 PM

RunTime DNA has an awesome set of trees called "RDNA Old Wood" by Modualz, I believe it is. They have several packages available, and Vol. 2, Gnarled Trees, has seperate roots that conform or can be used on their own. And, as an additional bonus, they are on sale for 50% off! I used the tree models in my one and only gallery pic I have, if you would like to see how they render without any postwork. As a matter of fact, the only postwork done was the hair on Stasia.

Now for your picture, Towal, it is so beautiful!! Seriously, I really like it a lot. You did a great job. =)

<3

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 5:56 PM

The picture is very good. The only bad thing i noticed was the small blue plants in the foreground have been used a few times in the picture and it is noticeable. If you took out some of the blue plants and replaced them with some other different ones then it would improve the picture a lot.

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 6:11 PM

LovePyrs: I saw the trees and passed on them because I was buying so much. I think I will go back and grab them though since they are on sale. Your gallery pic is very nice! I got brave and posted a gallery pic today since it was the first person one I have been really happy with the skin textures and everything on.

xantor: I noticed on looking again that the little flowers are too uniform so I do need to change them. I don't have much for "ground cover" type plants yet so I will have to dig around for some more.

Towal

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 6:21 PM

If you have a scanner you could scan the flower catalogues that are free sometimes in magazines, unless that is just a british thing...

LovePyrs ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2003 at 6:23 PM

Thank you, Towal. =) As for ground cover...I have another recommendation for you, Kurtz-Fernhout's PlantStudio. You can grow your own plants and flowers and import them into Poser (there is a tutorial on how to do this on their site)! =) Wanna know the best thing? It's FREE!! =D http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/PlantStudio/index.htm <3

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2003 at 1:46 AM

Thanks for that link, LovePyrs, I'm checking out PlantStudio now, looks great!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

PointLady ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2003 at 1:07 AM

Towal, I sent you an IM but I think the site went down again and it did not go through when I sent it. Please email me at: willowjan@optusnet.com.au Jan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.