Mon, Sep 9, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Modellers - a free, redistributable base mesh for making M2 footwear

gps ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 8:32 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 1:51 AM

file_84316.jpg

[Mike boot mesh ](http://www.gpshaw.freeserve.co.uk/Mike_boot_base.zip)

Inspired by Thip's 'quick suits', I've made a basic boot mesh for Mike to help give the footwear creation process a 'kick start' (sorry). It's nothing special, but it's totally copyright-free, and redistributable. The zip contains two .obj files - the basic mesh, and a smoothed version. Add soles and heels to the smoothed version and you've already got a very simple pair of boots. If you want to do more significant alterations, I recommend working on the raw mesh and doing your own smoothing (I used Catmull smoothing). As with the 'quick suit' meshes, anything you make from the boot base becomes your copyright, and you can do whatever you want with it. Hope this is useful. Cheers - Graham

Irish ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 8:50 PM

Thank you Graham! This will certainly be very useful. :) Irene

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 8:59 PM

Good stuff. Thanks.

Damsel ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 9:06 PM

A wonderful gift!! Thank you Graham!! Damsel

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot. 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
 --Pablo Picasso-
-

slinger ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2003 at 9:34 PM

That's great. Thank you.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 1:17 AM

Got them, thank you for this, it should help me understand more what I'm doing with the modelling. 8) Catlin

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 1:59 AM

That's a great item, most especially for a freebie! Demonstrates once again the innate generosity of many many folk in the Poser community!! Thanks a bunch! Larry F

Suede ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 2:34 AM

thanks so much Graham!

gps ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 2:40 AM

illusions - I got the MikeJacketBase and Stephanie Quicksuit from the freestuff section at PoserStyle (http://poserstyle-3d.com/). I think he has other quicksuits available to buy at 3D Commune (http://www.3dcommune.com/)

Larry F - I have a sinister ulterior motive - I need more footwear for Mike, but I don't have the time to make it myself. I must therefore coerce my fellow rosity members into becoming virtual cobblers ;)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 5:09 AM

Thanks very much for this. I'm off to my virtual last now, so cobblers to you too. :D

thip ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 12:56 PM

Those QuickBoots are real fine work, gps ! Thanks loads for your generosity, these a damn sight better than the "socks" on my own M1-2 QS's - hope you don't mind if I use'em, too ;o)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 1:10 PM

Still, you might want to retain the copyright, in case they try to sell it on Turbosquid or elsewhere for $99.99 or whatever.

HaiGan ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2003 at 1:34 PM

Excellent idea, very useful, thank you very much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.