Sun, Oct 6, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser5 Picture quality

SoulTaker ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 5:32 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 7:15 AM

I am getting ready to post my 1st picture, but I am not happy quality of the jpeg (not the standard of the work) its just not sharp enough or shows the detail I want. Any help would be welcome

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2003 at 5:40 PM

Make sure you save at maximum quality. Poser defaults to something ridiculous like 25% quality. You can also save in another format, such as TIF, which will, in addition to saving at high quality, allow you to use the alpha channel for backgrounds, etc.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Kelderek ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 2:54 AM

I always render much larger than the final image is supposed to be, that gives sharper details when I later re-size it. As an example, if you want a 800 x 600 picture, do like this: - Render to 1600 x 1200 - Save as TIFF image - Use picture editing software to re-size to 800 x 600 - Save as JPG with suitable compression

narsil ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 3:23 AM

sheesh loads of things here.
Look at your shadow mapping (lights.) settings should be set shadows to around 0.150
and 1024 for the shadow mapping
this will sort out the jaggedy black shadows

rendering

render in firefly
look at the rendering properties
maximum texture resolution should be high (not 1024) I run mine at 4096 (remember the octet problem pre sp1 old timers?)
this will give as sharp a render as the texture will allow.

loads more to play with (like focus, camera settings etc etc drone drone)

play with it, learn from the tutorials that people put up from time to time.

enjoy

A hibernating Narsil

back to work

Silke ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 5:13 AM

SoulTaker, make sure you render in PRODUCTION mode if you use the P5 Firefly renderer. I made the mistake of rendering in draft and it washed everything out and made it fuzzy. (Hey, I learned fast :P) And yeah, as said above, make sure the image is saved as 100% not 25% which is the default. BTW anyone else find it annoying that you can't render to disk? I mean, what's the point of watching it... you can't cancel it anyway without it messing up everything... (At least I can't) Silke

Silke

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 6:13 AM

Heh actually I LIKE that you can see the progress. It has always confused me in Bryce that it just pooof becomes a file on my HD LOL At least in Poser I can SEE something is happening. And you CAN cancel it, as long as the actual render has started. I've never had any luck cancelling it while it was still adding lights or shadowmaps or objects or whatever, but as soon as the actual render is progressing, I can cancel it. It may take the computer some clicks to realize that I'm actually SERIOUS, but then... it cancels :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

JohnRender ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 8:40 AM

The issue of saving has been brought up numerous times: Never use Poser's native JPG saving unless you absolutely must... or if you're one of the 3 people here who don't have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. The best solution is to export the image as a Photoshop file: you get same alpha-channel as a TIF, but the image is in native Photoshop format. Then, use Photoshop to resize the image and then Save for Web. A setting of 75-80% is more than enough.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2003 at 9:31 AM

thanks to SamTherapy,Kelderek,narsil,Silke,ernyoka1 & JohnRender. i will give all your ideas a try

jadelnon ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 1:59 PM

Its not the Picture Quality. Today i tried with a pre rendered Background and i see that Poser renders not sharp enough. Anyone an idea how to get Poser Backgrounds sharp as original?

herr67 ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 5:12 PM

Do not use the background pic in poser but add it later in PSP or Photoshop by using the alpha channel. This works best for the sky, it doesnt work for the ground though (shadows).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.