Sun, Oct 6, 12:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Motion Blur Question

sfdex ( ) posted Thu, 20 November 2003 at 3:42 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/images/carrara/projects/horiz_2.jpg

Hi, All -- First off, no, I didn't create this image; it's from the Eovia website. I'm wondering, was this motion blur created in C3? (The C2 motion blur wouldn't pull off something nearly this nice.) Or was it added in post? I'd be very happy if C3 was able to produce a motion blur this nice.... Thanks! Dex

TheGigaShadow ( ) posted Fri, 21 November 2003 at 12:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.eovia.com/carrara/user_proj_car_kd.jsp

No. That image was rendered in C2, not C3. Most likely the blur was added in After Effects. See link.

claudiomil ( ) posted Fri, 21 November 2003 at 10:35 PM

Thanks to sfdex to bring the subject. Poser 5 has a nice motion blur and can create the effect on the image you mentioned without After effects. I would like to know from the Eovia people if they're working to give us better motion blur next version. thanks Claudio Milczewski

sfdex ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2003 at 6:41 PM

Thanks for the responses! And, I'll add my voice to Claudio's in asking Eovia for a better motion blur. There was an excellent (albeit slow) free motion blur plug in for Raydream called Pseud-blur. How hard would it be to port the process to Carrara?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.