Thu, Oct 17, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 1:31 am)

Subject: New Poser Girl - Alexa

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 9:15 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 7:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_87000.jpg

The 3DC Mystery Girl is out now - Alexa! I followed the message strings for Kim Goossen's "The Girl", and while she's not available, Alexa is pretty cool. There's quite a few toon-ish type girls in town now, and I think we can't have too many alternatives. Vicky 3 is still my main model, but this is a neat diversion! -Jeff

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 9:51 PM

It looks a lot like daz`s sara to me...

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:07 PM

Yeah, like the Sara head on a heavily morphed V3 body.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:15 PM

Can you post the link to that Kim Goossen's "The Girl" website? Alexa looks almost identical to her- but I can't find the thread or the images to compare the two.

kayarnad ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:16 PM

if that's not Sara, I don't know who she is.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:24 PM

It's NOT Sara. In fact if we can get the link to the website that featured Kim Goossen's "The Girl", Alexa is a near dead-ringer for her! When I read that link several weeks ago it DID strike me that she would make a pretty hot babe if she was converted to Poser format. Seems like someone has done this, I think. They have also done a good job in getting her up and running fast with clothes, poses, etc. Seems like the Toon-Babe Wars are starting to heat up!

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewfeature.jsp?newsid=1793&pageid=1

Would like opinions on this babe compaed to Alexa.

samcopcutt ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:32 PM

she at 3dcommune, front page can't miss her

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 10:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewfeature.jsp?newsid=1793&pageid=3

Modeled in Lightwave and rendered in 3D Studio MAX.

BecSchm ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 11:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcommune.com/3d/forum.mv?Announcements_News+read+8930294655#1069719525

She's an original character that they've been working on for some time now at 3DC, as per the link.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:15 AM

I dont think dark whisper would steal someone elses object to make the sara figure. It must just be a coincidence that they look so similar.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cgchannel.com/forum/viewthread?thread=1629&offset=29

(LOTS MORE DETAILS and INFORMATION on this LINK) Read 157 posts about Kim Goossens here about "The Girl", PLUS extensive detailed look at modeling her in Lightwave. The character received a huge amount of attention among the professional 3D modeling community back in July. Goossens posted lots of detailed information pictures, etc. He was also offered many jobs and deals, but apparently, at that time, was turning them down because he was working on another important project.

kayarnad ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 1:40 AM

veritas, the link master!! long time no see! well, I just love those type of characters, so I'll look more into this, hopefully rendering sara right next to alexa to see how similar/different they are.

TJ ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 3:15 AM

I think you'll notice a lot of differences ;) We have a wireframe render up in the ad images and I think you'll note that Alexa is very much a different character than Sara or "The Girl", Plus she comes packed with morphs and everything you need right out of the box.

Simderella ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 3:24 AM

file_87001.jpg

Like it has been said theres a good reason these 3 last 'toon gals' look alike esp Alexa & Sara. I think they are trying to capture the look of 'The Girl' by Kim Goossen. Heres a pic of said GIRL!! ;) I certainly think there is room for Sara & Alexa. I commend the work of the people involved in creating them for the community. Without people like like we wouldn't have all this now would we. :) -SimderZ- xXx

My Gallery

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:10 AM

I think The Girl definately is the mother of a lot of the toon-sih characters we're seeing now. Goossens was begged by many people to convert her to a Poser-ready format - they were practically throwing credit cards at him - but he wanted to keep the character for his own projects. He posted a lot of detailed shots of the model, though, which could be used as a template for someone else to create something similar. It still hurts to see shots of The Girl, because as good as the others are, Goossens really worked a special kind of magic with her that's just a notch above, and we can't have her! -Jeff

kayarnad ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:21 AM

ooh wow, for a while there I thought that Alexa was the final product and that "the girl" was the working title... I didn't know they were 2 different characters... and that actually "the girl" is not even a Poser character... thanks for the info, guys!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:37 AM

She is great, I have Laroo and Sara, and Alexa....well, top notch job. Sharen

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:50 AM

file_87002.jpg

Here's Alexa and Sara side-by-side. Sara is on the left and Alexa on the right. I gave them the same hairstyle for comparison. (Sara isn't textured.) Alexa looks a little more buxom to me, and they have different faces, IMHO. -Jeff

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 5:00 AM

"But they're cousins, identical cousins ...." (Points to anyone who remembers the reference.)

GabrielK ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 5:27 AM

In the picture above (Sara vs Alexa), I prefer Alexa's body from a stylistic point of view. Bigger hands, fuller thighs. I prefer Sara's face though. And yes, I agree that they do look similar.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 6:27 AM

Patty Duke Show? It's really a pity that they're SO alike. I think it will hurt Alexa's sales. She looks great, and in some ways better than Sara. But Sara is free and Alexa is like 30$ I'll probably get Alexa at some point, but... Well perhaps they can use each other's clothes? Just like real cousins G

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 7:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=548360&Start=1&Artist=wyrmmaster&ByArtist=Yes

I believe wyrmmaster is working on a set of deformers that will give Sara that famous wyrmmaster voluptuous look.

shogakusha ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 8:02 AM

Faces are different, though similar. I think Alexa has a better body. Both figures have a toonish figure (obviously!)but I think Alexa has a bit better detail in terms of musculature and somewhat nicer proportions. Of course, Sara is FREE!

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:28 AM

Wasn't the "Mystery girl" supposed to be free as well, or is she yet another toon gal? I'm all for new poser toon characters, but we're getting swamped in toon gals, and my concern, is that clothing and prop developers will really be split to provide enough useful stuff for any of them. My list (please complete or add to it) Koshini (Daz) Neftoon Gal (Polymage) Trixie (Sixus) Sara (daz) Alexa (3d commune?) Mystery Girl Puppet (for koshini, but adds enough variety to almost be called a new gal) Am I missing anyone? How about more toon creatures/animals instead? LOL!! Toon animal wise I think there's toonimal cat Toonimal dog toonimal fish toon deer I'm starting to think we almost need a charcter registry, just so we can keep track of new characters, and lod ones that are being lost.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:47 AM

There's also LaRoo at RDNA, and a toon version of MayaDoll, I believe, right here at RMP.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:51 AM

Well I was/am a big fan of NefToon- but I can't stop playing with Sara - I had previously bought RDNA's LaRoo but I deleted her from mylibrary - didn't like her face or hips. I do like the angle of Alexa's eyes. Frankly I wouldn't think it will be all that long before Sara has morph packages as add-ons. And then there is that extra plus of Wyrmmasters morphs for Sara. sigh what to do what to do...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:51 AM

Oh yeah, forgot them! Koshini (Daz) Neftoon Gal (Polymage) Trixie (Sixus) Sara (daz) Alexa (3d commune?) Mystery Girl LaRoo at RDNA toon version of MayaDoll Hmmm that's what.. one every 2 weeks for the last 4 months?

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:55 AM

LaRoo has a odd mouth, to me. I've never seen a nice "biggie smile" like Koshini and Neftoon Gal can produce. Trixie of the Sea looks like a better deal to me the plain Trixie from Sixus, but havn't gotten her yet... Puppet looks like an excellent deal for Koshini owners as well, plus I noticed she's cheaper now that she's at Daz...

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:59 AM

I think Alexa is the Mystery Girl at 3DC.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 10:04 AM

I plan to get puppet for sure, especially as capsces has free morphs to get koshini's clothes to fit her. Besides Puppet gives koshini a wide range of comic looks. LaRoo was created with an open mouth and when you choose to close the mouth the jaw doesn't seem to move it just stretches the lips up. NefToon is great but I was very disappointed in the head morphs for her - I thought I was getting 70 morphs in the package and it simply brought the total to 70. :-/ Still love her though. I have not seen Trixie yet...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 10:08 AM

I got some head morphs for neftoon gal, but am just not sure how to release them. I have the wavefront exported objects, but how do you provide that without providing the mesh the parts are based on as well?

jval ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 10:22 AM

...But Sara is free and Alexa is like 30$. Are you sure? Alexa comes with Toon and Life textures, catsuit, sandals, short skirt, top, 20 poses and hair. These inlcuded items may be roughly compared to about half the stuff you will get if you buy Sara's Textures, Poses, Clothing Pak 1 and Action Pak. Those paks will cost you about $61. Cut that price in half for a fairer comparison and you get a total operating cost of approx $30. Does this sound remarkably similar to Alexa's price? - Jack

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 10:53 AM

file_87003.jpg

If you want to see a larger version, visit- http://www.calypso-dreams.com/sigs/toongalslrg.jpg Koshini (Daz) Aiko (Daz) LaRoo (runtimedna) Sara (Free- Daz) Alexa- (3DCommune) Neftoon Gal (Polymage.com or Renderosity) AnimeDoll (Renderosity) Maya Doll (Free- Maya- http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/) Trixie (Sixus1) Kaedeko (Free- http://www.marinenet.co.jp/z3d/)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

neftis ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:04 AM

file_87004.jpg

What???You mean??? All those gals for me?????? NOW I AM SCARED!!!!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:04 AM

Whoa. Neftoon is HUGE! From my head transplant expirience I know that Anime Doll has the same height as V3. And V3 is TALL! But Neftton is even higher. Also.. I've always felt that LaRoo creeped me out. She does even more so without textures shiver I realise that Trixie is a different "non-cute" type of character. But it's not a character I'd spend money on. She's TOO "strange" to my taste :o) Yes of course you will have to calculate the price of Sara's clothing to do a fair comparison between the two figures. When I wrote it, I hadn't noticed that there were clothes too along with Alexa. That makes her a bargain really :o) Now I hope Rosity will hurry up with the payments so I have some money on my paypal. Then I'm off to 3DC :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

neftis ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:06 AM

file_87005.jpg

Wait!!! That mean I have some good choices here :) hehehehe After all...it's not like I am going to be at my wedding soon or anything!!?!!

jval ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:12 AM

A Victoria-based toon gal I particularly like but you rarely see is Doug Farrell's Maeve (http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=8259 ) - Jack

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:16 AM

I think Ichiro would have something to say, Toon Pal! Hands off the Koshini! :D

Renderosity Gallery

neftis ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:23 AM

file_87006.jpg

Ichiro....Well if I have to fight then...heheh come on....come on....Ok I guess I can share after all LOL

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:35 AM

LaRoo scares me. I bought her. I deleted her five minutes after trying to morph her. Her mesh is IMPOSSIBLE to work with. She's got potential. I love her eye mesh, but that's about it. Plus, the file I got was damaged. Also, proportionwise, they're all about the same. Look at the feet. They're not all positioned on a level, flat plane. Neftoon Gal is actually about the same height as the AnimeDoll. Kaedeko kinda looks like a nicer version of Judy.

Kreations By Khrys

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:39 AM

file_87007.jpg

I do believe that "The girl" is indeed responsible for a lot of the latest cartoon gal creations we've seen. I love cartoon characters (much more than the real ones) because 'realism has been done to death' in 3D. My hat's off to all the cartoon character creators out there. Keep 'em coming. For my 2 cents, I like Koshini, AnimeDoll, Neftoon Gal, and Alexa (no particular order). Sara vs Alexa: Alexa has a much fuller figure and doesnt look starved as compared to Sara...but they do look very similar. I do think she's a lot of fun to play with. I made this picture a few days ago (in only a few minutes) with her when making some clothing. I'm not a poser artist so overlook any artistic fopahs :) for my part...BRING ON THE TOONS! :) BT

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:40 AM

That's how they loaded into Poser, they were only x-tranned and their arms raised. It is interesting that they seem to have different default 'floors'.

Renderosity Gallery

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:42 AM

btw thats alexa in the picture...lol

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:47 AM

Don't forget Rendervision's Cherry Anime doll! And Veritas, thanks for the explanation about "The Girl." I am not much into toon pics myself, and was utterly baffled at the sudden flood of toon/anime girls.

TJ ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:51 AM

And those pants are an Alexa Free item , available through the 3dc Newsletter and site, for a limited time :) I love the toons too , since koshini and working with Alexa and now sara and Neftoon I save my money for them, no more victoria:)

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:01 PM

True.. I've battled Victoria to get more of a toonish look and now I don' HAVE to ;)

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:04 PM

file_87008.jpg

Oh, Khrys , I thought LaRoo had a terrible face to start, but with her free face morph packs you can get some really nice ones. :) LaRoo with Koshini

Renderosity Gallery

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:05 PM

file_87009.jpg

Hmm. I haven't tried the Lady Cherry Doll. Must look her over some more. I love Toons, but I also like realism, so I still love my v3/M3. :D More LaRoo. :)

Renderosity Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:11 PM

Be nice to have a lineup but with thier textures that are included. Some of those look butt ugly, but with their textures, are much better. A good example is Neftoon Gal. Out of the "box" she's got a very nice skin tone, and eye/face textures. Sara, OTOH, doesn't look so hot, unless you buy here some packs. (Course, once you have the texture pack, she's about the same base price as Neftoon Gal.

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 12:21 PM

file_87010.jpg

I was thinking of doing a line-up with textures later. :)

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.