Thu, Sep 19, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Help: Poser 4 Pro pack and 3D studio Max

merknz ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 3:02 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:30 PM

Im sorry, everytime I post here I'm after some sort of help ... but .. I upgraded to Poser 5 some time ago, I like it (please dont lynch me) but I recently scored a copy of 3D Studio Max 5 thanks to my partner (who is able to get education pricing) and I wanted to export some poser figures to it. I fired up the old Propack and ARGH! it doesnt look at my 3D Studio max ... says its not installed, anyone have any experience with this? I downloaded the plugin version on Curious Labs and it still doesnt seem to go. Anyone? Please?

zandar ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 9:40 AM

As far as I know, Max 5 and Propack aren't compatible. I could be wrong there, but I think propack is for version 4.. You can use OBJ2MAX or if you wanna make the most out of Poser 5 and Max 5, get BodyStudio from Reiss.

merknz ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 1:51 PM

How smooth is the import using that? I used Propack to export to Lightwave when I was doing a course in it. Now I dont have it I was hoping to use 3DSMax in the same way. Does it import transparent layers from poser?

zandar ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:34 PM

Sorry with the late response. If you're referring to BodyStudio, then yes, it imports transparencies and even has a free extra plugin that imports the Poser 5 dynamic hair. Other than that, it imports smooth if your computer can handle the extra weight of the model in the 3ds environment (make sure you have good amount of RAM), but the same is true with importing an OBJ. The difference here is, since Bodystudio imports the actual PZ3 file it will also import animations created in Poser, and doesn't screw up the transparencies or textures for things like the eyelashes or eyebrows (something OBJ tends to do). I usually model most of my figures from scratch, but when I'm in a pinch for time, or just want to play around with textures and effects, I'll import a poser figure with BodyStudio, and it works nicely.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.