Thu, Sep 19, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: object mover

futuramik ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:01 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

I'm new to Poser and have downloaded several characters who's readme files say I need the object mover.What is it? and where do I get it?I was told to look in Funstuff but I cant find that either.Can anyone recommend a good book on poser?

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:14 AM

what you're looking for is Mazs' objaction mover... should be in FreeStuff under that name

LoboUK ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:17 AM

Objaction Mover is in free stuff, check under Utilities (3rd page in) or do a search for Maz, who created this wonderful programme. What Mover does is encrypts and decodes OBJ files. If you create a garment for the P4NF which relies on a modified version of a Zygote mesh, you cannot distribute the modified OBJ becuase the copyright belongs to Zygote. But, that would mean you can't distribute your garment 'cause no-one else will have the modified mesh. This is where Mover comes in. Using the original unmodified mesh as a seed, it creates an encoded PCF file for your modified mesh. You can distribute this PCF file (non-commercially) with the CR2 of your garment. When your garment is downloaded, it can be decoded by using Mover again. However, you've got to have the original, unmodified mesh on your computer to decode it. In this way, it prevents the distribution of Zygote's copyrighted mesh. Can't help you on the book I'm afraid Paul

cooler ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 4:20 AM

my apologies... it's now Mover 1.01 PCF coder/decoder :-)

futuramik ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 7:01 AM

Thanx guys on my way!

reddog ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 5:57 AM

besides mover get POSERLOADER it will also decoad pcf files and look for p3do explorer a new orogram on poserforum- utility section when your there download everything you can tou will ned them sometime.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 10:41 AM

Best source of information on Poser is right here, go back in the archives of this forum and read all the messages on peoples' problems - every problem your going to have and every question has probaly be answered already! Which brings up a thought - Jack aught to publish a book from this, it is a gold mine of information, but I'm sure if he would have the copyright to do that, without contacting every person who wrote a reply. There is also the problem that computer stuff is starting to move to fast to be covered by books published the tradional way, by the time it is out it is obsolete.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.