Sat, Sep 21, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Is Vue a stable program?

gusdrum ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 8:38 PM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 4:15 AM

I am interested in buying Vue D esprit 4 because I have seen fantastic images that they are possible to be obtained with this program. But I want to know that so stable it is Vue in Windows XP Pro?

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 8:46 PM

Vue 4 with 4.2 update is pretty stable on my windows XP once I disabled openGL support. I have a crash due to the material editor once in a while, but it is not unlike most software I have. Some of the scenes I ran were rather large and rendered for multiple day without a problem. I haven't tried Vue Pro long enough to tell if it is stable or not.

Richard T ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 2:36 AM

Vue 4 on my XP Home system is very stable. Also since upgrading from 512K to 1GB of memory helps considerably with the larger scenes. Seems to be more stable than Vue Pro (especially with a lot of Poser figures imported)

John12 ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:53 PM

Vue d'Esprit 4.2 is stable and Vue Pro is very unstable on my machine.

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 11:49 PM

I also have Vue 4 with updates on my Windows XP-Home. I have not upgraded RAM yet and so far, Vue has been stable. Some of my other programs...well, that is another story. If I read your post correctly, you are using XP-Pro, which I'm told is better than Home. My suggestion is to download the Demo first, try it out and see how it does.

Good luck and have fun with it!

MixedNut ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 4:22 AM

I concur with at least half of John12's statement. Vue Pro crashes on average twice an hour on my machine. Vue d'Esprit would probably be preferable in that sense.

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 1:29 PM

I love Vue 4. I have the latest Vue updates but on my Windows XP Pro, AMD 2500+ with 512 megs of DDR memory, stability is not one of it's strengths... This is the only program that will crash....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.