Wed, Sep 18, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Reflected Transmapped Hair in P5

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 8:26 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

I know this was a problem in previous P5 releases but I'm having a problem with getting transmapped hair to render in a reflection. I looked thru previous posts but couldn't find the solution. The settings I've tried. Transparency = 1 Transparency Edge = 1 (and 0) Transparency Falloff = 0 What else could I be missing?

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:00 AM

Are you using the one-sided square? The normal square prop doesn't like reflections... Are you getting any reflection at all? Is it artifacted?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:10 AM

Hi karen! I'm using the square, "clothplane" I believe. Everything else is reflecting nicely... Are you saying the one-sided square works better? I'm getting no reflection at all.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:40 AM

file_87885.jpg

Left to right: Single sided square, Hi Res square (cloth plane), "normal" square. I prefer the single sided cos it seems to give better (sharper) reflections. But either renders transmap hair fine for me. Which hair model are you using?

"you are terrifying

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:41 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Forgot to set flag...

"you are terrifying

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for the info karen. I didn't consider using different squares. I'm using Koz's KyokoHair (the original one).

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 12:06 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_87886.jpg

Well this is Kyoko Hair Mk2 - I don't have the original one. Seems to work ok. Maybe try changing the hair model if all else fails?

"you are terrifying

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 12:33 PM

It's working now. When I have more time, I'll see if I can figure out what happened. But what I did was try a different hair model as you suggested to see if it would render ok (it did). Then reloaded Kyoko Hair with the intent of fiddling with some of the Material Room settings but, for grins, hit render ... now it works. Thanks for the input Karen!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.