Sat, Sep 21, 2:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Miscommunication revealed by member "zooh"

Omen555 ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 12:48 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:43 PM

The recent fracas over the comments, ratings, and posts of a single member that has spurred a flurry of controversy in the forums I believe could be alleviated with better communication between the artists and their viewers. I want to specifically address the 250 character limitation value in the posting of images to your gallery aspect. I personally believe that if the posting artist could explain and present his piece more descriptively, it would eliminate the misunderstandings between artist and viewer. Original interpretation is not always self-evident by no means and can, and has, lead to heated debates, (not just here, but historically as well). I propose RAISING the 250 character limitation to a higher value affording the artist to explain just where he was going with his/her approach or concept more clearly. I do not agree with the proposition that this will make surfing the galleries more irritating. You would be surprised exactly how small of an area two hundred and fifty characters actually take up on your screen, infact, the entire length of this single SENTENCE only adds up to a mere two hundred and fifty characters! <--( dont believe me? count em ). I understand quite well that the purpose of the forums is for discussion and the galleries is for art, but that does not negate the obvious NEED for a better communication in the galleries between artist and viewer where the true source of the debate begins. The galleries are the "front lines" Nip it in the bud now and get the communication going.

viper ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2000 at 8:11 AM

I would have to agree with you I get fustrated when I try to set the mood for one of my scenes but get told that I have typed to much.

nnuu ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2000 at 9:10 PM

well there is a way ...just comment on your own pic... and go nuts ....i too feel that it helps a picture alot if the artist explains what what his or her intentions were im not doin so but i have my reasons... nnuu

Glengarry ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 7:46 AM

I agree with the above. I always appreciate an artists work more when it's put in some kind of context. GG

gunthar ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2000 at 8:28 AM

I would have to agree with everything said here so far.

Wizzard ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 1:18 AM

And even when you explain it was for another person.. "by request" People will complain about context, etc... increasing the word count won't do much... as we should be able to express our concepts and explainations succinctly ne?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.