Sun, Sep 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: How do I make generated 'visuals' (iTunes, WinAmp styled visuals)

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 11:11 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:17 AM

Bear with me, because I don't know what these are called: In the various MP3 players, they have visualizers, some of which look like 'space warps' or some such. I understand these are generated on the fly, and cant be controlled. I'm making a mini movie and the cloud-like effects I see in these visualizers would be perfect for exterior shots. Only problem is, I can't find software that can generate these effects. What I need: Software that allows the design and control of generated 'scapes' (I'm a bit lost here) where I can specify the color, speed, particle effects, frame size and frame-rate (720x480 24fps, 30fps, 60iFps) A number of videogames have visuals like what I'm trying to describe, and with a joystick, one can move around this environment. I'm on Mac OS X, but I do have access to a Win98 PC.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 9:32 PM

http://www.wondertouch.com/default.asp

New versions of Wondertouch's particleIllusion should be released for Mac OS X in a few weeks. I've heard that the current Mac versions have some problems with hardware acceleration.

It's available for Windows, also.

The application is hardware-accelerated, so it can create these effects practically in real-time, on a halfway decent system.

Issue #64 of Digit Magazine included the Windows version of particleIllusion SE 2.0 on its cover CD. The magazine even has an upgrade deal that lets you buy v3.0 at a significant discount.

pentamiter_beastmete ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 11:31 AM

They're called fractals, and you can generate them with loads of things, bryce being an obvious choice. The ones ni winamp have, lets say expressions, to link their motion to the audio being played. Because they're fractal though, you can't controll it in as much as, that swirl to the left, kinda thing. But you can alter density, detail levels, speed, colour, etc. Hope it helps.

doctorkoan ( ) posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 2:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.Artmatic.com

You might also try Artmatic and Artmatic Voyager

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.