Fri, Sep 20, 10:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Chaney Jr. Texture Mapping-I need to know your opinion.

RKane_1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 3:34 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:56 PM

file_132194.jpg

What would you do to make this texture map better? Would you honestly use this texture map or would you prefer something closer to the P4male map so that you can use your old textures? Would you use this texture map if it came with pre-assembled .psd files for Photoshop with different layers for different skin tones and eye sets and freckles and such? Would you use him if there was no way I could get the genetalia to work? What if you couldn't turn it off? *chuckle* Give me your overall opinion... (P.S. the brows are in the upper left corner but you can barely see them) (P.S.P.S. ...Oh, and the odd little bottle cap to the left of the face but the right of the calf of the body is the nostril area, separated out so you can paint it dark...no more "flaming nostrils". *chuckle* ) (Triple P.S. Thanks for those who helped me correct the pic link.)

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 3:41 AM

I'd certainly use it - it looks as though you'd be able to get one hell of a lot of detail into the face. And if ity came with "pre-assembled" layers I would be even happier to use it :) Paul

Viomar ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 3:58 AM

Indeed! That looks like something The "Texture" Experts here could play with all Night! Even better if in psd. I don't see anything wrong with it! ok! Recap! Starting UpperleftCorner(Clockwise): Eyebrows(Cyan), Eyelashes/Eyelids(Blue), Hands, Feets, Nipples(Green), Genitalia(Dah!), Nails(red), Body(Back), Nails(Purple), Face, Nostrils(Yellow), Body(Front), ???(Blue), Tongue(Yellow), Teeth(Magenta), Lips(Brown), Eyeballs,Pupils,Iris So what's that ???(blue) part?? Anyhow! I for one don't mind if the mapping is different from the standard P4Man, Cause yours is AWESOME! Can't wait to try stuff with JR! Marc

brschmidt ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 8:47 AM

The mapping layout looks good. Similar size for edge matching parts is a must and you've covered that where needed. Just looking at it you can see some real advantages over the standard template. The one area that may cause me to think a little harder than I like is the layout of the eyeball parts. I prefer to have them either lined up vertically or all overlaid. I know that limits some of the things you can do but it's just a personal preference. It would be GREAT to have the parts in Photoshop layers. That is usually the first time consuming thing I have to do before starting on a new texture. I've often wondered why we do distribute more textures in PSD format... don't really know compatible it is for importing into other tools but it is the only one I use. Byron p.s. - I can see what you mean by the genetalia not working chuckling

SHiVER ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 12:15 PM

this is really good!!! i'd use it and a psd-file is even better!!!!

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 1:17 PM

The No-Gen Hip is missing from this map...that's gonna cause you endless trouble. -JH.

RKane_1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 8:57 PM

I agree. How do I fix it? smile

JeffH ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 9:34 PM

You need to find a place for the no-gen hip on the map. Open the no-gen hip in UVmapper, import your template as a background and move the Hip UV's into that space. Save the hip and the new template. I suppose it can share the same exact place as the gen hip with no problems. -JH.

RKane_1 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 12:38 AM

I am seriosuly thinking of starting over from scratch. Is there a line of code in the .Cr2 file where to look for the hip model for the figure?

RKane_1 ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 12:40 AM

Oh yeah, the Blue thing is the innermouth.

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 12:47 AM

Yeah, I explained a bit of that in your other thread.

Viomar ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 3:49 AM

Here's my 2 cents worth! If you're gonna render the Dude Naked then i suspect he'll be wearing his 'Dick'! If he's clothed it won't matter mush if that tiny part is not there, cause it will be covered anyway! Innermouth? I forgot that one! Thanks! :-) Oh! And brshmidt is right! Having the Front & Back maps of the body the same size(Verticaly especially), will indeed make things a lot easier for lining things on the texture! Wish i could help you with the remapping! Unfortunately, i lack any "Field" experience with it(as far as Figures are concerned!) Props are easier by far! Good Luck! Marc

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.