Wed, Sep 18, 1:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Render progress window is missing; How do I get it back?

MaskimXul ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 10:08 AM ยท edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 2:40 PM

Does someone know how I can get the render progress window back? (The one that pops up when you click render)I have no idea why it dissapeared...help please?

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 2:54 PM

It would help to know what version of poser you're using. All I can say is that in poser 4, you should have a folder Runtime/scripts. In that folder there should be a file called 'status45.avi'. That's the render progress avi. If it's not there or corrupted, you can make another or download one. I have one called 'renderbar' (with a little flying fairy on it). According to the readme, the guy was at http://poseworks.8m.com/ but that's from several years ago. I looked and didn't see it on the site. Try searching for 'renderbar' in Freestuff here. Here are his steps from the readme to make an avi. -------------------------------------------------------- To make your own render bar movies, you need to make a 20-frame AVI file at 30 fps and it must be 64x48 pixels. Poser runs all the way through the movie once every time the man moves so you should only make the character take one step or movement. Poser also moves the movie horizontally after each step. This makes it important to align your character's feet with the feet of the red guy. It's best to set up your animation in Poser with the red guy animation as background footage. Go through the frames and make sure of five things: 1-The figure is in the same pose and the start and end of the animation. 2-The location of the figure's feet correspond to the feet of Red Guy. 3-The figure does not move outside the window. 4-The movement of the figure goes from the left of the screen to the right. 5-The action taking place is not too complex to be understood at 64x48. 6-The movies final dimensions are 64x48. (Anti-aliasing is recommended) After you render your movie, save it in AVI format and go through the steps for replacing status45. The next time you open Poser and render, your movie will show up. IMPORTANT: Back up status45 before you replace it! I recommend putting your back-up copy of it in Poser 4RuntimescriptsBack-up. You may want to keep the other render bar movies you make in this directory as well to keep them handy. -------------------------------------------------------- Or maybe someone can send you a copy of status45.avi if it's legal to do that. mac

caulbox ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 4:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1549645

If it's the entire dialogue box that's missing, then you may find it becomes accessible if you increase screen resolution.

MaskimXul ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 9:09 PM

I'm using Poser 4 Pro, and my avi is ok, I did check that. My screen res is 1024x768 so I don't think that's it.... It is the entire dialogue box thats missing.....

caulbox ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 9:25 PM

I can't help you with Poser 4 Pro, unfortunately. But (in Poser 5) I needed to up the resolution all the way to 1600x1200 in order to access the dialogue box.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.