Fri, Sep 27, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 9:03 am)

Subject: PoserStyle down for the count?

FlyByNight ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:35 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

All I get is this: Cyberlords Ownz you by no0b Greetz: .:[ Cr4shyng ]:. .:[ YC ]:. .:[ The_danz ]:. .:[r3d_n0se]:. .: [ Terror_br ]:. .:[c2r]:. uid=0(root) gid=0(root) Linux server.pstyleserver.com 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux [ irc.brasnet.org ] / [ #cyberlords ]

FlyByNight

Questor ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:52 PM

Looks like their server got hacked, not the first time this has happened to someone. Pathetic little creeps that do this.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:54 PM

That definately looks like they been hacked. I just tried them and only thing I get is 'connection timed out'

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:08 PM

that's rotten...they've had more than their share of this kind of nonsense.

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:24 PM

Yup....it seems like they get one problem solved and along comes another. I checked and get the same page FlyByNight got.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:27 PM
Site Admin

Some people have nothing better to do with their time...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

ookami ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:32 PM

I just got the same thing.... geez...

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:37 PM

I keep getting a 'timmed out', maybe I'm looking at the wrong address :-

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 7:33 PM

like the 2nd or 3rd time for them. so sad. new server was nice, new layout looked good and the new items I like. hope they will addon to memberships since it's down.

CoreArts ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:11 PM

im pretty sure they will machine they have in the past, besides it would be bad business if they didn't. Hopefully they wont lose any new patrants do to this shameless act. Really don't know what joy they could have in doing this. Poser, Poserstyle.com (thats my sig at poserstyle thought i would carry the flam over to hear while they have there delima.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:34 PM

I'm trying to get them from http://64.191.53.128 Is this the url that shows the hack notice?

whwhitney ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:36 PM

Hi All. Yes the server was hacked and everything was deleted. They did a very thorough job. The good news is that the last site backup was done yesterday. All that will be lost are a few forum posts. In addition, people that registered since the back up will have to do so again. We apologize for the downtime and are working to get things up and running again as soon as possible. And, before signing off, let me wish everyone a 'Happy Holiday'. Take care, Will WHWhitney The PoserStyle Team

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:39 PM

cool beans. thanks Will glad the buggers didn't take too much. thanks for the reply.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:05 PM

Will, I sure wish they'd leave you alone. My best wishes for a happy holiday and better year to come!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:44 PM

Hey Will, Good to hear there's no major damage. Hope it doesn't mess up your holiday.

CoreArts ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:58 PM

i am glade it was only a few posts that got screwed you guys work too hard for little yellow belly basterds to come along and destroy what you create. poser, poserstyle

Armorbeast ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 12:34 AM

Damn hackers...funny thing is that now there are ex-hackers employed to go after these guys and destroy them.Remember that and see if you can find them...watched a news story just a few days ago about it!!

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

Farside ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 1:05 AM

I actually pity hackers... imagine having a life so pathetic and empty that you have to try to find joy destroying what others with lives and ambition to make something of themselves create. It's just sad.

SimonWM ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 3:53 AM

Good luck Will, Poserstyle is in my opinion one of the best Poser content sites available, second only to DAZ. You offer a mountain of high quality items at a steal of a price. Hoping to see you back inline soon and I hope they catch the pathetic creeps that did this.

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 8:11 AM

If you guys didn't know - one of that pathetic little crew got arrested in japan for hacking into one of Kyoto Hospital's systems - used the moniker S3R1AL K1LL3R - I hope they throw the book at him and catch the rest of those pathetic little script kiddies soon. Will - I hope you're back up soon - Poserstyle is a very valuable resource to me - You guys rock.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.