Mon, Sep 16, 12:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Hightlights - a short article

sittingblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 8:38 PM ยท edited Mon, 15 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Attached Link: http://sittingblue.50megs.com/tutorials/highlight/index.htm

Hi folks, Merry Christmas and happy new year!

I wrote a one page article on the relationship between hightlight lightness and diffuse settings for Vue 4. The information probably applies to Vue4Pro also.

Thanks for your time,
Charles :)

Charles

nish ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:49 PM

An article that belongs in the backroom! Thanks Charles. I already read it twice. What kind of light should I use for these settings? soft light or strong light? I only ask cause the highlight is already pretty intense!

rds ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 10:06 PM

Excellent Tutorial Charles well done.

sittingblue ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 1:38 AM

Hi nish,

I wrote the article for documentary purposes, and because I wanted to share my experiment with using highlights instead diffuse lighting as a way illuminating a scene.

I really can't say what is the best way to light any given scene. Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Charles ;)

Charles

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 6:14 PM

Great article, very well illustrated...

ShadowWind ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 6:38 AM

Thanks for sharing the article. Was very interesting reading indeed and will be quite helpful... ShadowWind

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 9:32 AM

Pretty neat and very useful. Thank you -Lin

www.lingriffin.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.