Tue, Sep 24, 1:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: Questions about .obj files

El_Coyote ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 1:45 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:21 PM

Hi, all! Still fairly new at Poser, have a question about .obj files. Downloaded a freebie with a bunch of morphs (I think that is what they are), and all the files are .obj files. Searched thru the manual, couldn't find anything of the sort, so here's my questions: First, where should I put these files in the Runtime folder? Second, how do I reference to these files from the Poser menu? I.E., you can pull up most props with a click of the mouse on the image, and most of the morphs I've seen work the same way... but these? Any and all info is greatly appreciated! El Coyote

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 2:10 PM

I just checked the Poser Forum FAQ (which hasn't been updated in over a year), and yours is the first question. Unfortunately, it needs to be updated to say that you can put those morph.obj files anywhere, but to avoid going insane, organize them in a folder called "morphs" or similar, at the top level of your Poser folder. We have 9 honchos serving as forum wranglers here - maybe they can have a "lumberjack match" to determine who has to update the FAQ

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 2:10 PM

file_90734.jpg

Put the OBJ files in Runtime/Libraries/Morphs. (Or subfolders under Morphs.) Poser 4 may not have that folder already set up, but Poser 5 does.... Applying them is a bit complicated. You can't get there from the main menu. First double-click on the target body part. In the dialog box that appears, (upper box in this image) hit "Add Morph Target". This will give you the middle box shown here. Hit "Locate", and browse to the Morphs folder as shown in the lower box. Find the one you want to use, and hit OK. Then you'll be back in the middle box. Fill in a name and hit OK. The morph dial will appear in the parameter dials. Note: If you want to keep this MT in the figure, you'll need to save the scene as PZ3. Saving the figure will not automatically include the MT's; that's a whole nother topic.....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 7:25 PM

If you put a distinct name in the "Label" box for each Morph Target, the morphs will save in the Cr2 in the Character library.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 10:42 PM

In Poser 4 at least you can access the option from the menu by going too Object->Load Morph Target. This can be helpful if double clicking selects the incorrect body part. Note that the obj morphs are very specific they have to be applied to the correct body part and only work on the figure they were designed for so a Vicky morph won't work on the Poser 4 Nude female and vice versa. Usually the names of the obj files are pretty good about describing which body part they need to be applied to. If you get it wrong, you'll get an error message.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

El_Coyote ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 8:00 PM

Ockham, Thanks a bunch for that "mini-tut"... that was a great way to explain applying them! Will have to try the other suggestions... thanks a bunch, all... will be trying them out. El Coyote

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.