Sun, Sep 15, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce Tips and Tricks

Dennisld ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2003 at 9:39 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 12:03 AM

While looking at a few Bryce orientated sites the other day I came across these tips and tricks and just copied them to Notepad, so I didn't get the site name, but they are so cool I thought you'd like to see them too. The terrain editor tricks work in Bryce 5 as well, don't know about the animation ones though. Bryce Tips Bryce 4 Animation: You can step through the individual frames by hitting the . (period) key to advance, use the , (comma) to go backwards! Bryce 4 Animation: Jump to the start and end frame with the [ and ] brackets! Bryce 4 Animation: Render a wireframe animation by holding the SHIFT key when you hit the check mark to start the render! Bryce 4 shortcut: When animating, hit the backslash to run a wireframe animation preview! Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: If your terrain in the 3d preview in the lower left is taller than the window allows, hold the CONTROL key and drag the 3D preview up and down to fit! Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: Zoom in on the 3D preview in the lower left by holding the ALT key and dragging the 3D preview closer and farther away! Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: To create a quick city block of buildings out of a terrain, hold the ALT key and slide the POSTERIZE button! Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: Hold the CONTROL key for a quick LIVE preview of the 3D terrain while dragging the buttons for most of the buttons for spikes, mounds, etc. Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: For a great heavily eroded effect, create a terrain, invert it, apply the UPPER MENU ERODE button, invert it back, ERODE again. Instant weird, heavily eroded terrain! Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: For cool "ribs" on a terrain, create a terrain, invert it, apply the UPPER MENU ERODE button, invert it again. Bryce 4 Terrain Editor Trick: To combine TWO terrains into one, make a terrain, toggle to PICTURES, click the first box to add it, go back to Elevation, make another terrain type, go back to PICTURES, click the 2nd box to add, then blend the two and apply Hold down the F5 key while performing most editing operations and the nano preview will update in real-time (or as fast as it can). This is an Easter egg, but in this case it just might be useful! (Special thanks to Brian Wagner at Metacreations for this one!) Enjoy. Bye now.....Dennis

coolcatcom ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2003 at 12:30 PM

Thanks, for the cool tips should make my work a little easier!!!!!!Happy New Year

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.