Fri, Oct 4, 5:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Anyone have the poser Lost in Space robot?

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:13 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

I found the webpage wih the link to this freebie, but the link is broken, and I get no replies from the author Also, has anyone ever done Robby the Robot from forbidden planet?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:39 AM

will do! thanks!

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:44 AM

His old 'ironcladstudios' site is now something else, but did you try these email addys? Robot B9 by AofD [AofD] E-mail = aofd@ironcladstudios.com Alt E-mail = Chris_ICS@hotmail.com http://www.ironcladstudios.com His readme prohibits redistribution. A Robbie mesh was posted in 2000 (I think here) by Krel, but his last post here was about 6 months ago. Sorry, not much help.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:48 AM

Gak... I wonder how many poser characters and items have been lost to time at this point?

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:09 AM

No, actually I believe LittleDragon must have an archive copy of everything ever posted, by anyone, anywhere. ;-) Krel had posted his email addy in an earlier thread: krel@infi.net

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:42 AM

Yeah but if they can't be redistributed... ;)

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 2:26 PM

I have it- never used it yet

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 6:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.btinternet.com/~tobor/meshes.htm

This site has a great robby the robot, it is only 3ds though.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.the3dmachine.fsnet.co.uk/

Here's the link for the Poserable Robby! Now I just need the LIS robot!

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:43 PM

The site I mentioned earlier has a 3ds lost in space robot.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 8:51 PM

file_91358.jpg

Ok, I recovered him from a old backup I had done! He wasn't looking too great in P5, so I'm working on fixing him up a little.

Here's what he looks like so far...(mostly removing uv maps, and applying materials)

mondoxjake ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:42 PM

Gareee...did you ask this question over on the Poser newsgroup? The old 'dome headed' Forbidden Planet robot was either linked to or posted over there sometime ago...and someone on the group did a graphic tutorial on how to make the head shield have a transparent look. I am sure someone over there still has the info. I do have the model and will dig it out and see if the readme has any info.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.the3dmachine.fsnet.co.uk/

I already got the robby robot, and also got th elink as well for the poser version.. here it is, for anyone who wants it... After I finish with B9, I might look into making Robby a little better in P5...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 11:38 PM

No, actually I believe LittleDragon must have an archive copy of everything ever posted, by anyone, anywhere. I don't download everything, I just remember where it is.

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 10:37 AM

just joking LD, though truly constantly amazed with the impressive travels & recollection of the undisputed master archivest. [Nance goes looking for his lost car keys again]

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 2:19 PM

file_91359.jpg

Say, that Poser ready Robby is rather snazzy! It could use a little work with the joint parameter pivot points for the arm sockets (only the "X" axis [up-down] are properly aligned) and most of the normals seem inverted before final rendering, but just look how well it handles the Walk Designer! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 7:00 PM

file_91360.jpg

You're quite right about that, Illusions. I was just fooling around with thw Walk Designer, fully expecting it NOT to work at all. I might try again, this time locking the knees to see what happens. From my studies of the original film, Kinoshita (who also designed B9) did engineer bending knees for the costume. However, for saftey's sake, the performer found it was safer to walk stiff legged and more or less "waddle" across the soundstage. I'm still waiting for someone to "Poser-ize" James Murphy's highly accurate B9 from "Lost in Space". Just yesterday I ran it through Steve Cox's UV Mapper Pro to regain the sharp edges usually smoothed by Poser. The attached image is a standard Poser 4 render embellished by ShadeMaster's RenderUpgrade lighting set. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

JohnRender ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 3:45 PM

Does anyone have a model of the new robot from the Lost in Space movie from 1998?

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 10:54 PM

The old lost in space robot doesn`t have many moving parts, I dont know if the head turns. The only problem with making it a poser figure is that the arms would have to be remade.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 3:34 AM

AofD used the 3d Mesh from Tobor's Site a few years back to make a Poser Friendly Lost In Space B9. I have the complete set of working Zip files from him as I'm the guy who sent the 3DS file to him and paid him to Poserise our B9. From his first attempt with poorly working arms and non-functioning claws right up to the completed set where everything works great in Poser. (In my opinion anyway) I'm not exactly happy with the "Lightening" that guy did to the Robby for Poser Model! If he wanted a lighter Robby he should have lighetened ALL the matching parts and not just a few. You really notice the Dark Black (Original Black Robby Color) Toe caps on that animation.gif in this thread. I'd like to know how to remap all the lighetened parts back to their proper Black Matte status in Poser.

AofD ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 10:30 PM

Pretty late to reply to this thread, but I came across this thread. I've been gone a while but I just wanted to clarify I actually modeled the robot I didnt revamp anyone elses model. Hopefully soon I'll have a site again and my models will be available again.

AofD

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.