Tue, Oct 8, 3:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: Help Texturing Imported Objects (.3DS)

TheCimmerian ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 11:59 AM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

I just installed Vue 4, so I am new to it. Is there an easy way to point and click on imported objects (a .3DS oblect) to add textures? I would like to add individual textures to missiles, canopy, etc but the only way I seem to be able to select individual parts is to select the object part (cylinder, cube, linder, etc in the Obj sub window. Makes it very difficult to actually find the right object to add a material to.

Thanks

gebe ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 12:09 PM

Use the material summary insteed of the object names. You can find it in clicking at the small icon at top showing 3 decreasing spheres. This works fine if different materials was applied to your object BEFORE you have imported it into Vue. If you have Poser, you also can open it inside Poser, save it as a pz3 and then import this one into Vue. Hope this helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.