Wed, Sep 18, 9:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: V2 question

Towal ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:20 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 5:10 AM

When I first started looking at poser and asking people I knew that used it what I would need to get started everyone recommended V3 plus her various morph packs and hi res texture set so this is what I got.

Now that I have been using poser for a few weeks and have had a chance to look around various sites I see that V2 still seems to be used quite a lot and have a lot of nice clothes/textures available and it seems to me that people are still making new items for her as well.

I understand there is a way to use the tailor to change V2 clothes to fit V3, but I think that is a bit over my head yet.

My question is: Can I just buy the V2 base or do I have to also buy morph packs for her to work?

If I can just buy the base I will do that and it will make my life easier. If I have to buy a bunch of other additional packs to make her work I might as well buy Tailor and just suck it up and learn how to use that I guess.

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:32 PM

V2 comes with everything included, V3 was set up the current way because if she was built the same was as V2 she would have 'weighed in' at a monster 80 megs!

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Towal ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:38 PM

Thanks for the quick reply :) Off to spend $30 so I can buy a $5 item here /sigh

Simderella ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 8:31 PM

I would forget V2 if i were you... V3 is the way to go. I got V3 when she came out and I haven't used V2 since. She's just freaky looking.. lol. I never did like her, no matter what you do to her she always looks like V2 and people do seem to love giving her no chin and bizzare lips... hehe :P Although you'll find there are many varying opinions on this.

My Gallery

mondoxjake ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 11:39 PM

If you ever intend to do any younger teen or preschool renderings V2 and the millenium girls are the way to go. Daz did have a sale going on where if you bought a certain PT girl texture you got the mil girls either free or at a reduced rate I believe. Someone who frequents the store could tell you more about this if a search doesn't turn it up. [I have V3 and a never use her...prefer Vic2, it is all personal taste.]

Towal ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 3:33 AM

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting V2 for about $18 between the PC discount and a coupon I had. From the looking around I have done it seems like there is enough out there that it will be worth it. I grabbed several nice freebies for her so I can give her a whirl.

Farside ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 5:13 AM

Just to further confuse, get the V3-V2 hybrid, has the excellent Vicky 3 head put onto the far superior Vicky 2 body. Best of both worlds.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 12:56 PM

the v3-v2 hybrid requires that you own V3.... so thats a little more confusion for you ...

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.