Sun, Sep 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Undersea WIP - Help PLEASE

Dennisld ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 12:31 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 7:24 AM

file_92247.jpg

Hi everybody, I've been on other things for a few days and only just now catching up on the WIP's that have been posted so far. My, Oh My! aren't you all working so hard to get a realistic image going, Brilliant !!. I haven't made any individual comments yet but the standard is noticeably extremely high and the final pics are going to be fantastic. Keep at it everybody!!

As for me, I have an idea for an image and am presently in version 25 (saving after each session and starting off again with last saved or a previous saved) and am posting version No.17 as a WIP to give the basic premise of what I am trying to create. A shallow off beach undersea view with a huge cliff in the background (currently using a 2d pic of Easter Island showing Moai or Topknots [statues]) which can be modelled in Bryce later. I have tried other things with the later incarnations but am not trully happy with it yet.
So it's over to you folks for your help, please be brutal, I think I'm getting a bit brain-fuzzy and can't see the trees for the plankton !! so any c. and c. would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot...........Dennis

p.s. Blimey, this is a difficult Challenge !!

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 1:51 PM

It is difficult. Don't know who came up with it!

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

JC_01 ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 3:01 PM

LOLOL I've been trying not to look at the other entries so my ideas dont' get washed down the drain, but i just had to come see what kind of ideas one of the creators of this challenge theme had in mind..lol Anyhow, that nonsense said, great job! maybe some more water swirlies reflecting? and less light glow on the horizon... Jen

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 3:06 PM

It looks very etherial Dennis and sort of dreamy, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. 8) The only thing that bugs me is the light in the middle, where is it coming from? I think that at the base of a cliff it would be quite dark especially since the sun is coming from behind the cliff. Apart from that it is very beautiful and I know it will be stunning when you finally finish it. 8) Catlin

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 4:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.OceanLight.com

Don't you just hate it when you pick the challenge and then feel you have to come up with an extraordinary image to enter.....it drove me nuts....... Your image is very unusual in pov and content, one change that would make is darken the horizon, it would be darker the farther away from the foot you get, use a dark greenish blue fog and haze, and bring the fish forward around the foot, just tickling it..... Your point of view reminds me of the point of view of a driver looking up.....for help with this type of image try the site at the link, great reference photos, and maybe it'll spark ideas you can use in this image.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:59 AM
  1. Don't know who came up with it! I'm gonna tell everybody you did Phil. 3. water swirlies / less light glow Totally agree Jen, will do. 4. bugs me I'll try and get rid of your bugs for you, thanks for your help and post. 5. farther away, foot, fog and fish Thanks Zhann will try for all four, fanx. The reference site for sea pics is brilliant, the man takes a very good snap. Pity you can't download any for future eyeballing but I suppose he's got to make a living. Stay underwater........Dennis

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 2:17 PM

Thanks Dennis, I need a bug remover. lol 8)

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 3:38 PM

Ah, Dennis but you can!....screen capture in PS/PSP, or if you don't have those use 'printscreen' and take it into 'paint'......not that I would condone such a thing, or you can request a copy from him, I did, on the kelp photos to use as a texture for terrain model about a year ago.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.