Fri, Oct 4, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Neftoon Gal Thing Bend problem revisited with a fix...(Major Crotch Nudity)

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 12:38 PM ยท edited Mon, 12 August 2024 at 2:49 AM

file_92786.jpg

I ran into a problem with ToonGal and her thing bend movement. When I bend the leg at almost 90 degrees, the thighs distorted into the leg slightly.

Following Neftis's suggestion, I played with the joint parameters some. In the image you see, the leg on the right is the old distorted one, and the one on the left is the fixed one.

I'm totally clueless on setting joint parameters (Just open that window for the first time today), but here's whatyou can do to duplicate what I did:

Load Neftoon Gal

Turn Off IK for both legs.

Open the joint editor, and select one of the thighs.

1.) Make sure all the setting in the joint window are the same as mine.

2.) Select one of the two circles you'll see.. it's either the inner or outer mat sphere. change the settings to duplicate mine.

3.) Select the other matsphere, and change it's settings to match mine as well.

Test her.. select one of the things, and bend it forward about 90 degrees.. it should look better, like mine did.

IF THIS IS THE CASE... repeat the test with the other leg. and IF THIS IS ALSO RIGHT, then reset the bend for each leg back to 0, and in your figure area, which will probably still be open, select the option to add a new figure.. name it NG_leg fix or some such thing.

Now you can load which ever version you prefer!

It's still not exactly right because when you pose the thighs at 90 degrees, and then select a extreme sidewards legs pose as well, you get some distortion on the side of the hips/thighs.

If I knew what I was really doing, I'd have fixed it by now.. I'll keep playing though! Maybe someone here who has Neftoon gal, and is good at joint parameter adjusting can make the final tweaks?

You'll also find that this helps minimize the pop through with conformed clothing a little bit as well...

Thanks to Neftis for this suggestion, and LMK if this helps anyone...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

sirkrite ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 1:16 PM

file_92787.jpg

Just so people know, NefToon is not alone with this problem. Bending the legs up is the biggest pain in the butt for most figures.

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 1:36 PM

Yeah that's what Neftis passed on to me as well. I wasn't dis'ing the model at All.. I LOVE Neftoon Gal. There's a discussion of this type of thing going on in alt.binaries.3d.poser as well... the biggest problem discussed there is conforming clothes that are not built right, and really don't work "as advertised" Oh, I forgot to mention in the pic I posted, that both legs at that point are bend the same amount. I think another minor bit of tweaking, and her leg bends will be MUCH better then the release version. I've no idea what would be involved in releasing a file to apply this fix, other then the instructions I provided. (With all KINDS of damned spelling errors I can EDIT!)

Lawndart ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 2:38 PM

This is a problem in all the big production houses too. How do they get around this problem you ask? They have multiple characters rigged (boned) in different ways. One rig may be for only sitting. One for standing and walking etc... They may even physically build a model in different positions if that is what fixes the problem. Now.. We all just need an ILM modeler living at every household. :) Cheers, Joe

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 2:44 PM

Well, I trained a buddy in lightwave, who became a teacher, and HIS best student works for Lucasfilms now (He completely built and textured the Slave 1, and he textures all the different battle droid modles in episode 1... Ya never know where your path wanders to when you aren't around...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.