Sat, Sep 21, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Real dumb newbie RDS question.

daio1 ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 12:49 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:43 AM

I've had RDS for several months but have just now found the time to really start trying to learn it. Mostly to make my own morphs. My problem is that I can NOT seem to figure out how to get the 'duplicate with symmetry' command to work. If I understand the manual correctly it should give me a duplicate that has been flipped to so that it is the mirror image of the original. This would be very useful for making identical left and right side morphs but I can't seem to get it to work. It duplicates fine but the duplicate is NOT the mirror image of the original it seems to be precisely the same oas the original. The manual says something about an imaginary plane of symetry and moving the working box so that one edge is on this imaginary plane but no matter where I move the working box I still just get a regular duplicate. What am I doing wrong? Can someone explain how this command works in more depth than the few lines the manual gives it? I would be VERY grateful for any assistance anyone can give in this matter.

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:01 PM

daio!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb doesnt compute here in this forum ;) You know what - I think that was a bug. I dont have RDS anymore, but I think I recall that as being an issue with RDS 5.x. Any of the other regular RDS users know if this is the case or not? Thanks gang! Clint PS - daio, Please dont hesitate to post anytime you have a problem or question or just feel like posting :)

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

mclarsen ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 10:37 AM

I have not had this problem with the program, but I do not orient the working box to the object. I either just use the duplicate with symmetry command which sometimes, depending on the object and its orientation, puts the copy out of the scene, which I don't like to have to try and bring back into the composition and pose. Mostly, I duplicate the object, which places an identical object over the original, then click the the mirror box in the properties palette, which gives me an exact mirrored object of the original occupying the same space making it easier to move into place.

daio1 ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 12:03 PM

Thanx for the info. I did find out how to make the duplicate with symmetry command to work thanks to dcort. But I'll have to try your method too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.