Sun, Oct 6, 1:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Transmaps

Angel1 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2004 at 4:26 PM ยท edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 8:16 AM

Can someone point me in the direction of a good tut on making trans maps? Specifically, I want to use lace (having the area behind the lace invisible) Not sure if it matters but I use P5 I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Angel1

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2004 at 4:43 PM

Transmaps are greyscale images in which black is invisible and white is opaque, hon. The shades of grey are just variations of visibility in between (254, to be exact). Take a black background, place your absolutely white lace and place that over it, and apply the jpg yo save to the Transparency and Transparency fall off channels and set both to 1. Bingo. :) you'll have made one.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

geep ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2004 at 4:46 PM

Hi Angel, Try converting your texmap (if you have one) to a black and white image and then use that for your transmap. You need to (in Poser Surface Material) set the TransMin and TransMax to 100% - Set Falloff to zero - and load the transmap. The white areas on the transmap will be visible and the black areas of the transmap will be transparent. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2004 at 5:00 PM

file_93600.jpg

Like this. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Angel1 ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:40 PM

Sorry I didn't get to tahnk you sooner but I was called out of town.................. Thank You so much for responding to this question - now that I'm home I am going to try and do it :-) Angel1

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

geep ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:48 PM

Post a pic ... when ya get one. ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.