Tue, Oct 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Using a webcam for motion capture/Making Poser animations.

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 8:45 AM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 1:28 AM

Im interested in using my webcam for motion capture, is this possible? i would like to be able to export flash from some sort of software, any ideas of what software can do this? I would also like to be able to use it to make flash animations for poser figures, would this be possible? Finally, whats the best method of turning a Poser animation into flash? So many quesions.

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 2:10 PM

nope not possible to use your webcam for motion capture. as for the software, it'll cost a bundle, a google search for 'motion capture software' will fill in the details. so since you cant do mocap, the nest best thing would be rotoscoping. do a google search on that to fill in the details. as for flash, yep, poser can export to flash (swf), or you can export an image sequence for importing into flash. hope this helps.

lululee ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 2:25 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=23967

You might check this out. VisualMarker - video motion capture by markdc. It has been on my "wishlist" but I haven't had time to work with it so i haven't purchased it yet. I do have a number of markdc products and they are all top quality. cheerio lululee

Laver2k ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 3:43 PM

Visual marker looks quite good, I may invest in it. Looks like I may just have to stick to posing frame by frame. Thanks for your replies, they were very useful =).

lululee ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 4:01 PM

If you purchase it Laver2k i'd really be interested knowing in how you like it. markdc is great with support. He just launched a new form just for support. cheerio lululee

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 7:40 PM

yeah me too... post your experience... nobody seems to have at that link. looks promising though, id love to see the outcome.

gammaRascal ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 7:40 PM

yeah me too... post your experience... nobody seems to have at that link. looks promising though, id love to see the outcome.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.