Thu, Sep 19, 4:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Sentimental request for your memories.

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 8:52 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 4:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=588433&Start=1&Sectionid=2&filter_genre_id=0&

Hello everyone; It isn't often I post here in this forum,..........but I have a simple request: I have just posted an image in the Bryce Gallery called "Long Live the Captain",......sort of my paltry idea of a memorial to Captain Kangaroo, who died this past week. I have never asked any of you to go look at any of my images before,........this I ask of you now. If you know or have any memories of the Captain, please go view the image and if you would, leave a comment,........not about the image but rather about your memories of the Captain. Thank you for your attention,.....sackrat.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

danamo ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 12:29 AM

A fitting, and touching tribute, very nicely done!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 2:58 PM

I'm from the UK so you may understand why I ask, who is Captain Kangaroo?

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 3:26 PM

Here you go Catlin, the first one is an obituary type clip the second is a recent article concerning his career and times. The third is a dedicated site with photos and biographies but obviously not yet updated to include his death, if you wait long enough you'll get a soundbite of the TV program. He was pretty much baby boomers version of Mr. Rogers while growing up.

voanews.com

mercurynews.com

timstvshowcase.com

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 25 January 2004 at 3:31 PM

Thanks Quest, it looks like they've updated it with the news now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.