Mon, Sep 9, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please Clarify TOS Consequences

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:22 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 3:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1638024

From the Poser forum- *Example of things that will not be allowed in the Poser forum and Poser gallery Fighting Bickering Attacks Arguing Posting adverts Copyright issues (We have a forum for that) Anything that is not Poser related Members/Users found practicing these behaviors receive: Deletion of the post/s. First event - warning by e-mail and/or IM Second event Forum Suspension for 1 or 7 days or Temporary Community ban for 3 or 7 days. Third event Membership revoked, and access to the community permanently blocked. This includes any duplicate accounts for the same person.* How can you find out how many warnings etc. you are at? Do warnings expire? If so, after how long? What are the appeal abilities? What if you're banned and need access to your past purchases? What if you need access to past purchases because of copyright infringements done by others? What if you're a banned merchant- what happens to your money? What if you're a banned merchant- does your store get closed ASAP? Can you get updates out to those that purchased from you? Does your gallery get deleted ASAP, or do you actually have to request that? Do all of your posts get deleted?

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:31 AM

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:33 AM

bookmark

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:35 AM

bookmark

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:46 AM

Well, Caly, I would venture a good guess that products would only be considered for deletion if they are poor sellers. Money talks. Fact of life. Basically, for a real world answer to your questions, I'd say just weigh the dollar value of the given merchant/member against how much aggravation thier posts seem to have caused or who at Rendo they have managed to offend. As in every business, it's the same age old quandry: money vs. morals. Most go for the money. Sad but true. -Les

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 11:58 AM

I think I know the answers, but it would still be interesting to see the response from the PTB.

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 12:07 PM

Bookmark

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 3:49 PM

Q: 1. How can you find out how many warnings etc. you are at? 2. Do warnings expire? 3. If so, after how long? 4. What are the appeal abilities? 5. What if you're banned and need access to your past purchases? 6. What if you need access to past purchases because of copyright infringements done by others? 7. What if you're a banned merchant- what happens to your money? 8. What if you're a banned merchant- does your store get closed ASAP? 8. Can you get updates out to those that purchased from you? 9. Does your gallery get deleted ASAP, or do you actually have to request that? 10. Do all of your posts get deleted? A: 1. Ask an admin. 2. No. 3. See #2. 4. Contact admin. 5. Contact store@renderosity.com. We will work with the previous buyer to get the products to them as needed. 6. See # 5. 7. Any outstanding balances are sent to the merchant on the next payment cycle. 8. Yes. 9. Yes. 10. No (only the ones that are outside of the TOS will be removed) Thanks

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 4:27 PM

On a lighter note I saw this thread and thought it said "Please Clarify TOSequences" :-)

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 4:41 PM

so, to clarify, if I break TOS now, then in 5 years time, break it again, it still counts? hmm ever hear of the statue of limitations? ;)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 4:59 PM

Uh there are 11 questions by Caly but only 10 answers. Question 8 is doubled in the reply. Please clarify which answer belongs to which question. TIA.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Spike ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 5:29 PM
  1. How can you find out how many warnings etc. you are at? Ask an admin. 2. Do warnings expire? No 3. If so, after how long? See #2 4. What are the appeal abilities? Contact admin. 5. What if you're banned and need access to your past purchases? Contact store@renderosity.com. We will work with the previous buyer to get the products to them as needed. 6. What if you need access to past purchases because of copyright infringements done by others? Contact store@renderosity.com. We will work with the previous buyer to get the products to them as needed. 7. What if you're a banned merchant- what happens to your money? Any outstanding balances are sent to the merchant on the next payment cycle. 8. What if you're a banned merchant- does your store get closed ASAP? Yes. 9. Can you get updates out to those that purchased from you? Not through the site. However, if you have a list of buyers and their contact info, you can do this on your own. Afterall, what would be the point of banning a member if they were allowed to come right back? 10. Does your gallery get deleted ASAP, or do you actually have to request that? Yes 11. Do all of your posts get deleted? No (only the ones that are outside of the TOS will be removed)

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 5:30 PM

Oh my lord, Caly - you got JeffH out of his hole! Quick - ask him if he saw his shadow: I want to know if we get six more weeks of winter. ;]p~

Heya Jeff. Long time. ;]

[Waits for the inevitable "Not nearly long enough" snicker]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 5:54 PM

how are you to ban ppl that break the TOS 3 times? IP ban? Nick Ban? if it's IP ban, how are you to address the issue of ISP NAT Adressing, so you only ban the correct person and not 250+ users (example figure)? I await an answer :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 6:37 PM

LOL IB. ~:p

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 6:49 PM

lol Dratted winter HAS been too long already. :D

Renderosity Gallery

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 6:57 PM

Uh, oh - Khai, it looks like you know too much! You can expect a visit from the guys in the black helicopters any day now!

suspicious.gif

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 8:11 PM

Khai's question is valid, but not on topic. Having been banned becuase my ISP uses a NAT through no actions of my own before on a different site, I am most curious to know the answer to that (my IP addy is in use by three other members, one of whom is not in the same household). (and that's not counting my other personalities)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 12:50 AM

Why is Khai's question NOT on topic? It relates to the threat of being banned for something you can't even get 100% clarified, and you may get banned becourse someone else in your area is banned. Personally I have a fixed IP but still the ban, should it happen, would ban my intire household and not just me as a person if the ban is an IP ban. And if it's just the user that is banned, what keeps you from setting up a clone account? The question is very valid and imo very On Topic too.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 1:20 AM

I retract the statement on topicality -- I was in error. (He also did change the heading for that post, and dumb me didn't see it...) And I will re-emphasize the validity of the question.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Greebo ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 3:30 AM

I'm curious, if you have bought an item that 6 months down the line is found to have a copyright violation, and you were banned, how wil you -know- there has been a copyright violation? Ok, I realise this assumes that you say "to hell with all poser forums etc" but as I said, I'm curious.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 3:53 AM

Good question. {Im assuming 'Rosity doesn't send out violation notices to banned members...so hopefully if one gets banned, he/she has friends left that will inform them ;) }

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 4:46 AM

I'd say just weigh the dollar value of the given merchant/member against how much aggravation thier posts seem to have caused or who at Rendo they have managed to offend. Hmm. Well, I'm a middle-selling merchant (about the top third for the last 90 days, and around the top middle for all time). I'm also moderately aggravating, so I suppose it probably evens right out and puts me in "neutral" area. Interesting equation. I guess I'd better not be any more aggravating and annoying than I already am (but my current level of annoyance should be fine). Or, as my husband has just suggested, that if I want to be more aggravating and/or annoying, I should work harder to sell more to make up the difference. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 8:24 AM

Talk about snow ... Upstate NY is in its second day of State of Emergency due to snow - No Travel allowed except in emergency situations - Actual snow in my front yard - over 4 foot - Snow drifts over 10 foot - within the next 36 hours another 3 foot of new snow expected :( [to clarify the reason this is being posted in this thread ... it is in reply to postings #13 and # 16] :] Dee-Marie

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 12:01 PM

It's something about Groundhog day then? I remember a movie about that, the one with the timeloop :o) And as a trekkie you gotta love time loops G

Now has anyone ever made a groundhog for Poser?

spinner ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 12:05 PM

Can you still shop from the store if you're banned ? I know many people have separate forum and store accounts... ~S

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 4:30 PM

Hey Dee. I'm just about right smack dab on the Lake Ontario shore in Wayne county. That's right. The exact place where all of the weather men keep pointing every day. 8-P I've got 4 feet on top of a foot of ice on my roof alone. Lake effect or die! ;-) -ScottA

Jenai21 ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 9:22 PM

No one has answered Khai's question...considering that I share an IP with dozens of people I'd really like to know if you ban the nick or IP??

Spike ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 9:41 PM

We ban by username. But in some extreme cases, we have blocked IP's

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 3:49 AM

Ah. Now I see the point in using ONE name for shopping and another one for Forums then :o/

deemarie ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:23 AM

Woo woo Scott - I am in Oswego county - The other place where the big band of snow is hoovering over the weather map - See you in the May - when the snow stops falling :) Dee-Marie

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:52 AM

aah so. if by the new guidelines, 'Third event Membership revoked, and access to the community permanently blocked. This includes any duplicate accounts for the same person' is used, then the only way to do this is an IP block... and there go a lot of innocent ppl. I hope that this is not the case.

Caly ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 11:44 AM

The innocent always pay. :(

Renderosity Gallery

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 12:52 PM

Spike,
With all due respect, isn't community banning a bit strict for posting something like, "My father died" by a member who is well known in the Poser community, so that that person may get some comfort by people that know them? Also I would think what is Poser related would be kinda subjective depending. A virus attacking a computer could be Poser related if all the files from Daz for instance were wiped out (something that clips .exe's). I really think you all should reconsider the punishment structure for posts being in the wrong place. Three times in the entire history of the site is a bit strict for this kinda violation, don't you think? It's going to scare members away from posting information that may be of great value to the Poser community for fear it may not relate. I understand the need for rules, but this is a bit heavy handed I think.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 3:27 PM

ShadowWind, you just wrote down what I was thinking but didn't know how to formulate :o) In other words: My thoughts exactely!

Matuka ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 6:34 PM

Just out of curiosity can you rephrase your answer to clarify if you are affirming the first part or the second part of the question. It's not a big deal, but as long as your clarifying, you might as well make it clear. 10. Does your gallery get deleted ASAP, or do you actually have to request that? Yes

Spike ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:57 PM

Sorry, Yes, we will delete it.

JohnRender ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 3:29 PM

I for one like the new rules. I get tired of going to the "Poser Forum" and seeing things this: 1) My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died Re: My father died 2) Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? Re: Did you see the Lord of the Rings? 3) Here's me in my new car. Re: Here's me in my new car. Re: Here's me in my new car. Re: Here's me in my new car. Re: Here's me in my new car. 4) Watch out for the virus. Re: Watch out for the virus. Re: Watch out for the virus. Re: Watch out for the virus. Re: Watch out for the virus. Re: Watch out for the virus. 5) How's the weather? Re: How's the weather? Cold Re: How's the weather? Re: How's the weather? Warm here Re: How's the weather? Re: How's the weather? Look at the snow! So, now we are how-many-messages deep into the "Poser Forum" and there are no messages about Poser?? If I was looking for a Poser 5 thread, I would have given up by now... there's nothing in these threads about Poser. Do people behave like this in the Photoshop forum? Will I see a discussion about people's favorite songs in the Ray Dream Forum? Will I see a message about NY snow in the Bryce forum? Okay, that's a little different... people can actually make snow scenes in Bryce, but you see my point. I had thought about lobbying to change the name of the fourm to "Poser and General, All-Purpose, Talk About Whatever You Feel Like Forum", but I guess the name was too long.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 4:18 PM

Seems to me the solution to this is fairly simple. Make a way to post a message without replies. Then post with replies turned on in some other forum that is the proper one and just put a link to that forum post in the Poser forum, That way you won't get the endless replies cluttering the forum (which is really what does the cluttered look you describe above) and people will still be able to access those that know them best. I don't mind reading off topic stuff myself, but I do agree that if you are looking for strictly poser stuff, than it can get daunting in the current forum system they have. I think this would resolve a lot of it and save some warnings. How about it Spike?

ShadowWind

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 4:20 PM

BTW, you do see OT posts in other forums as well, but since they don't have the traffic poser has, it's not as noticeable, or depending on the mod, may get moved...

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 5:10 PM

"Oh my lord, Caly - you got JeffH out of his hole! Quick - ask him if he saw his shadow: I want to know if we get six more weeks of winter. ;]p~"

I've been out of the hole for a long time, just waiting for the rest of you to follow me :-)

Come on out the weather is fine..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.