Fri, Oct 4, 3:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Seeking Advise

panko ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:36 AM ยท edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 1:10 AM

Following a major system collapse I decided to start anew and move everything to a new system. Now my Poser 5 setup is huuuge and there is no question Ill start installing all libraries items one by one. What would you advise me to do? a) Install Poser 5 afresh, then SR3 and then move my existing libraries in (on top of the new installation)? b) Move my existing libraries to the new system and then install Poser 5 and SR3? c) None of the above and take instead some lessons in needlework? (nah Id very much appreciate your opinion on this crucial matter. Thanks in advance. :)

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:49 AM

I'd got for option 1, then you should also retain your UI preferences, etc. If you install the exe on top of the libraries, it'll overwrite your preferences. Good luck, I know the feeling intimately G

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

panko ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 9:15 AM

Thank you Karen, I was leaning towards option #1 myself, but... I needed some encouragement... hehehe... Poser being a regular minefield and all that... :)

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 1:33 PM

You could look through the files that you install, if you don`t use them much (or at all) then delete them. Though I know that that is easier said than done...

panko ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 1:44 PM

hehe... well said, Xantor... I've been spending the last two hours combing through the chaos, determined to take advantage of the occasion and clear up some space... Well, as you can imagine it's a biiiig mess!!!! I'll try not to give up though.... Thanks guys... :)

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:04 PM

You should consider not putting all that stuff back in your P5 runtime. The best feature of P5 in this instance is the ability to use external Runtimes... take advantage of it. Me? I keep all my Daz products in one runtime, all my stuff by Koz in one... and so on.

panko ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 8:27 PM

hmmm... that sounds like a sound advise. Thank you soulhunter, I'll give it a try... though with Poser 5 erratic behavior one never knows... But so far --touch wood-- all seems to be running smoothly --and definitely faster, thanks to the thorough spring cleaning... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.