Tue, Oct 22, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Pickup Truck WIP - and a question

LoboUK ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 7:41 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:45 PM

file_133256.jpg

The pickup truck conversion is almost finished (I've only got the tailgate to do). I've created this as a Poser prop rather than a figure but, short of bringing both front wheels in together, is there anyway in which I could set this up so that turning one wheel turns both? This mesh isn't mine, it was downloaded from the net without any readme or creator's name. All I have done is cut it up, apply materials and convert it into a Poser Prop. Paul

Viomar ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 9:22 AM

WoW! It's seems to be "Car Conversion" Month here! I've had this same ? reguarding the Front Wheels! I was partially successfull with the Morphs approach! using only 2 Magnets linked together. You need pay close attention to the MagZones! Hope you succeed my Lord! Marc

Viomar ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 9:36 AM

See Mason's Tread "Jeep Wrangler..."! He used Nerd's 'Extended Joints' Technic to accomplish what you want. Marc

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 3:46 PM

Would the hood and door opne/shut on a PP2? The kitchen stuff that Cal makes does. How I don't have the foggiest.

Gordon

Viomar ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 4:47 PM

Yes, Huolong! You can have moveable objects in a PP2(Prop). I for one simply use the 'Grouping Tool' to designate which part of the prop i want to move or rotate... Then just apply a Magnet(With the MagZONE Scaled 200% & Acting only on the 'Group' i previously created). Of course sometimes you have to play with the 'Centers' too in the JE. Marc

Mason ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2000 at 7:38 PM

Yes loboUK you can sync the tires. Check Nerd's page for this. It works on body parts but I would imagine it works on props as well. The only problem is you can't do it both ways ie right tire turns left tire and left tire turns right since poser chokes on a cyclic reference. As for the other items, I simple made MTs for the sliding parts like windows and side doors. Mts handle translation fine. They don't do to well on rotation. Pickup looks awesome BTW.

LoboUK ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2000 at 6:43 AM

Truck is now available in free stuff :) Doors, hood, and tailgate open, as well as both of the cabin windows. And the front wheels turn. Mason - thanks for the info. I'll check Nerd's page and modify the prop if possible Paul

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.