Sun, Sep 15, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Landscape or Seascape??

Dennisld ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 6:25 AM ยท edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 9:58 AM

I didn't realise Ricky's balcony picture was intended as an entry to the February Challenge until I had read an earlier thread where he was, quite rightly, asking for clarification before proceeding. My dictionary definition of Landscape reads, 'a picture representing a view of natural inland scenery', obviously the optimum word being 'inland'. The definition for a Seascape reads, 'a view of the sea'. I fully realise dictionary definitions are not the bee all and end all when it comes to the parameters of the Monthly Challenge, but have they gone too far this time? I dont think it possible to put Ricky's picture in the first category and to all intents and purposes it fits the second category to a tee. It is therefore a Seascape image. Perhaps the title of this months Challenge should be changed to 'Love of Scapes'. scape= the shaft of an animal part (Merriam-Webster) Just my thoughts...........Dennis

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 6:57 AM
Forum Moderator

I thought the idea was a depiction of LOVE/romance through the use of Terrain objects....

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 7:23 AM

I don't know, I like it because it very well could be a romantic setting, and to me, it is exotic. Besides, if I pay attention to where my eye is always drawn to, in the picture, it IS the terrain. the rest of everything in the picture seems to frame the terrain for me like apicture. Hard to convey romance and love with soley a terrain and nothing else.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:01 AM

I am still confused. Does it completely has to be Bryce or can we import plants and animals?

My gallery @ Renderosity

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:19 AM

Dennisld, I was confused too, which is why I asked for a clarification. AS hit my intent right on the nose, my focus was intended to be on my islands, which are terrains. It's the view from the balcony that is meant to be the image ... the view of the islands. Vile has said that the challenge was about the love of the terrain and should express solitude and the exotic. To me, nothing says solitude and the exotic more than islands. So, that's what I chose to do. But I've got the same dictionary as you do, so I was worried. But, if Vile said it's OK and fits his idea of a "landscape" (and other people have different dictionarys), then hey ... I'm not about to argue. And, when it comes down to it, if you think it doesn't express the theme well, you just don't vote for it. That's how the challenge works.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Dennisld ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:23 AM

Thanks for your views, Ricky and I understand where your at but....... Incidently did they disappear for nookie because it got cold or a swim to cool off?? Cheers..........Dennis

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:41 AM

It's supposed to be warm and humid, and I think they are inside going at it like chipmunks. Originally I was just going to have one chair, a table, a coke can, book and sunglasses. That's how it would be if I were there ... but then I thought ... well it is supposed to be a little (ick) romantic .... so I made it wineglasses and two chairs.

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 9:58 PM

Oh brother! As long as it looks like somewhere you would rather be or somewhere you would wish to go. Honestly it is just a challenge which is meant to encourage growth in using Bryce I chose landscapes because I need work there. It is meant to be fun not bogged down with rules as long as it really conveys a "Love of Landscapes!"

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 10:08 PM

Works for me, Vile. And, based on all the work I've put into this thing today, I've grown quite a bit. Must've spent 3 hours just on the materials for the chair. Aaaaaaaaghhhhh!! (Yes ... fun, I'm having funnnnnnn .....)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.