Sun, Sep 22, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:04 pm)

Subject: problems with P5 lighting

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 12:06 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:18 PM

It seems like the same lights that I used in P4 aren't producing any shadows in P5. Are there light settings specific to P5?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 12:59 AM

In p5 you have to set ray trace shadows in the light properties box, p4 lights should work in p5 ok.

Poseur ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 11:58 AM

Actually, you can leave the light property set to "Depth map shadows" if you want. With either depth map or ray traced shadows, make sure "Cast shadows" is selected in the Render Options menu, plus "Raytracing on" if you set the light properties to Ray Trace shadows as suggested by xantor.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 12:32 PM

Poseur is dead on. The lights in P4 and P5 are the same. They added the ray tracing capability. In the render settings, when using firefly, you must select cast shadows. I also recommend you uncheck smooth polygons and texture filtering unless you have a specific use for them. lastly, should you use any of the ray traced lighting shaders, you will need to have ray trace checked in render settings to get their full effect -- even if you have no ray traced lights.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.