Fri, Sep 20, 6:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Render => save => shutdown PC - A tool for that available?!?!?!

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 5:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:24 AM

Does anybody know if there's a tool available, that automatically saves the rendered image and then shuts down the PC? I've searched the marketplace for something like that, but couldn't find anything..... Perhaps somebody knows a tool that could do this? Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Saskia~

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 3:00 AM

I doubt it... Saving the render is a Poser command, shutting down the PC is a command executed in the operating system. A tool like that must operate both on application level and operating system level. I'm not technical enough to look into it, but it sounds pretty tricky to me.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 7:25 AM

Seems like a dubious/dangerous idea. Older PCs don't have software shutdown, and for the newer ones, you could do serious damage by shutting down in the middle of a web transaction or something.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 4:34 PM

Thanks Kelderek and ockham for your help!!!! Okay, I think I understand the thing with the two operation levels..... then is there a way for just automatically saving the rendered image? It's then just a poser application ;o) Any help is highly appreciated! ~Saskia~

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:58 PM

Sorry to be so unhelpful, but that isn't "completely" possible either.... at least in the current condition of Python. Here's the strange situation: Python can automatically save whatever is in the preview window, but it can't save a file from the "Render to New Window". So if your renders are small enough that you can keep them in the main Poser window, Python can help. Probably the line is somewhere around 600 by 600, depending on overall screen resolution. If you set your monitor's resolution to a very high number, then it might be possible to fit larger images into the preview window. I'm hoping that this will be fixed in the next service release, but really I doubt it.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:12 PM

You are definitely not unhelpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gave me an answer to my question and that is HELP! Thanks a lot for that. Although it doesn't work the way I thought it would, I'm happy to learned something new. Basically this idea came with the renders that I let work alone overnight.... and sometimes I sleep a bit longer, so I thought that this would be a great idea ;o) Anyways, thanks a lot to all who helped in this matter! ~Saskia~

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:52 PM

You're not alone. Lots of people have been wishing for this type of automation. It's probably the only thing that most Poser users would need a script for; yet it's not workable. As I said, cross your fingers for an improvement whenever they issue SR4.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

gstorme ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 2:28 AM

Maybe look for a program that records and plays back mouse movement, mouse clicks and keyboard entries?

boredone ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 3:46 AM

heres some help maybe http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man1/shutdown.1.asp

Jedi_Padawan ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 10:33 PM

Wow, haven't known that something like this exists - will have a close look on this tomorrow. Thanks for this!!!!!!!! ~Saskia~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.