Fri, Sep 20, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: What elements of Poser5 are supported in Vue4.2?

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 4:56 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:27 PM

As I understand, dynamic clothes are exported (as static objects), hair is not exported. Poser 5 comes with an extensive material system. Does Vue 4.2 use the material definition in the shader tree at all or just part of it? Are there any tutorials/explanation for that? Couldn't find any info in the backroom. Thanks - Walter

LeFrog ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:07 AM

Well as i understand Poser 5 stuff such as hair and dynamic clothing is not yet supported by Vue D'esprit. Of course i do not have Poser 5, but E-on is working on having Poser 5 stuff integrated into the next version of Vue, or shall i say Mover. But i do not know if Vue Professional is the same, i think it also does not support such.

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 9:30 AM

But it does import figures in PZ3 format really well. But displacement does not import - I had just got the Inuit jacket from the new Sleddogs set to look like real fur in Poser 5, but it went back to blocky in Vue - I could not even use the polygon smoothing to save it!

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 10:26 AM

Does the 4.2 demo import PZ3 from poser5 MAC OSX????

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.