Thu, Sep 19, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Feb. Challenge WIP

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 5:28 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 4:13 PM

file_98490.jpg

This is going to be my entry for the February challenge, I think it's done,......I think. This is the view just after crossing the Snickersville Gap on Virginia Rt.7 West on the way from Leesburg to Winchester. I take this route everyday when working and get to see this vista both coming and going. I have taken some artistic liberties(there are no farm structures or powerlines). The foreground tree is from MECN Tree Factory, the grass is from Grass7, and the bunny and pines are 2D planes, and the flowers are from Toucan. Lemme' know,.....TOM(sackrat).

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

johnyf ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 6:24 PM

All looks good to me Tom. I particularly like the background fields and textures!

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2004 at 8:18 PM

This is a beautiful vista! I really like the composition, and all your scene elements blend together superbly. I think you nailed the overcast lighting feel to match your cloud cover, something not that easy to do. There is a great feeling of depth.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2004 at 5:11 AM

Lucky you to see that vista every day!! The whole thing is great, the only lickle tiny quibble I'd have would be with the bunny wabbit, it detracts the eye from all the lovely texture-work on the rocky bit at the front. Just speaking personally, it'd work better for me if the rabbit was maybe slightly hidden behind something, so you chanced on seeing it by accident. At the moment you're handing it to the viewer on a plate, so to speak LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.