Tue, Oct 1, 5:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: whatever happened to the aliens powerloader?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 2:59 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 3:51 PM

What did happen with the aliens powerloader? Someone was converting it to work in poser.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 6:19 PM

I have finished the Powerloader, a walk cycle for it, poses for the Pilot, some anims for the pilot getting in and out of it, and two texture maps.
I have also built the inside of the Sulaco spaceship for a scene, and I am busy converting and texturing the dropship, APC, Sulaco, all the rifles and alien extras from the Movie Mesh site:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dproc/
(I have altered the dropship and APC so that the doors open and wheels turn and turrets rotate, etc. There will be two versions of the dropship, one on normal poser scale, and one on a smaller scale to do exterior scenes with the Sulaco spaceship, which is too large to use in normal Poser scale.)

I have also made two walk cycles for the free alien creature from Props Guild:
http://propsguild.com/freebies.asp

I am busy negotiating with D Proctor about where and how to host the freebies. Not sure yet, but I think there will be a button on his site for the Poser versions that will connect to the site where I will host all the freebies. Working on it now, but might take me a while.

When all is ready there will be about forty freebies for the Alien project, including a *.wav file and vocal anim for the pilot, textures that match the movie clothes and hair, various anim files, and many add-on sci-fi props to populate the scene (crates, boxes, barrels, etc.)

Will post here when all is ready.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 6:35 PM

omg thats a lot m8, you have put some work in . and all free, thats one of the things i like about this place, peeps still do things for the fun of it

FreeJack ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 6:38 PM

Wow, Numanoid, that sounds crazy good. Can't wait to check it out!

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 9:04 PM

Someone was working on a alien queen. I sent them like 60 pictures of her.. anyone have a clue who it is/was?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 9:58 PM

file_99018.jpg

OK, I need some help. The figure I am making for Ripley is the P4 female, modified. I am using standard Poser 4 conforming clothing, just texturing it to look like the top right pic. I need a decent FREE hairstyle that looks close enough to the hairstyle here. I will not be distributing the hairstyle, just providing a link to it, but I may make my own texture map for it. Any suggestions on the hairstyle. Remember, everything for this project must be freely downloadable.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 10:00 PM

file_99019.jpg

This is the difference between the alien from movie one and two, on the right, and the Queen figure I need on the left. The model on the right is free from props guild.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 10:06 PM

file_99020.jpg

These are some of the things that still need to be modelled. I am trying to make the entire "Alien for Poser" project a freebie, as Alien 5 and Alien vs Predator are both starting filming this year (apparently). All the spaceships are done or being done, except for the one top left. Still need the flamethrower, bottom left. The top right is the scene from the start of the first movie. The uniform bottom right can be assembled from free stuff and retextured, but if someone feels like make this uniform as a freebie, we can add it to the project. I don't have a pic, but the vehicle the colonists travelled in in the first movie has also not been made.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 10:12 PM

file_99021.jpg

More pics of the uniform. I have the facehugger, but I don't know where it comes from (the model, not which planet, lol), so if anyone knows please give me the link that we can add it to the project. The rifle and the smartgun (top left) I have made Poser ready. I am also going to have some sci-fi corridors from the inside of the colonist complex (like in these pics), and the atmosphere processor is available in LWO format and I am going to ask permision to make a Poser version of that as well. My modelling skills don't extend to making the Gieger type architecture from the inside of the derelict spaceship, so I won't be making that. (This is a blatant but veiled challenge to modellers, ask for pics if you want to try)

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 10:43 PM

file_99022.jpg

Here are some early and untextured pics of the things that are completed (some pics from the movie mesh site). There are a lot more architectural props, like airlocks, corridors, etc. Also some add-on props, like the crates in the top left pic. D Proctor from the movie mesh site is working on the Nostromo spaceship, and I will ask if I can convert that for Poser as well. The APC and the dropship have moving wheels, doors, landing gear, rotating turrets, etc. (No interiors, but the bottom of the dropship can open, and the APC can drive in on a ramp)

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 11:31 PM

I tried to download a pic of the Alien corridors, the Gieger style ones, and got this error message: Verboten! /fun/images/corridor.jpg has performed various unspeakable acts and is forbidden. If you believe this is an error on my part, please send an email to tallman@kaedrin.com to inform me of this heinous error.

numanoid ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 11:34 PM

file_99023.jpg

OK, here is another pic. Any modellers want to make a freebie?

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 11:46 PM

I know I saw a Narcissus lightwave model somewhere that could probably be converted.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 12:38 AM

Yes, I did find one, but couldn't get hold of the creator to get permission to convert. It was from one of the sites that hate us Poser users anyway and they would never give permission for us "amateurs" to convert one of their holy relics.

Bryde ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 2:51 AM

At some point in time TBKoen had a face hugger on his site. Dunno if it is the one on the picture in message #9. Unfortunately the site went down under but he is a member here too, so you could ask him if it is his model and if he will make it available for others to use....

Krel ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 5:56 AM

hey all, I'm a BIG Alien fan.......I'd like to see a model of the Nostromo.........is anyone working on that? Krel

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 7:20 AM

You have got to watch when converting the apc. It has the sliding door and a small crew door but it doesn`t have the doorways just a solid flat piece behind the doors, you could use a 3d program to cut out rectangular door way parts.

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 9:10 AM

bm

RonGC ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 10:24 AM

LightwaveGroup V3 has The Narcissus shuttle and Scifi3D the Face hugger, both in LW format. You have done an exceptional amount of work here, great idea and initiative:-) Ron

RonGC ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 10:32 AM

Krel, the nostromo is available as a LW 7 model at LightwaveGoup V3 in there resources section, Have to be a join as a member though:-) As a Lightwave user i spend a lot of time there, some very skilled modelers amd creative people in that group. Also nearly forgot . SciFi 3D has a model of the aliens Atmosphere Processor building from the second movie, LW format:-) Ron

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 8:23 PM

The same person who made the dropship, powerloader, APC, rifles, etc, is working on the Nostromo. Go to his site, The Movie Mesh site, for some WIP shots. I might get permission to convert his version for Poser. http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dproc/ The Movie Mesh site. The level of detail is incredible. I looked at the other models, but couldn't get permission to convert them as Poser freebies. I am still trying to get permission to convert the Atmosphere processor, but I would need someone with LW7 to help me, as I can't read that format in any of my programs. Will ask for help if I get permission. Xantor, I made the doors open, and I will make doorways, but it will just be black inside with no interiors. I thought about making interiors, but it was too cramped to be able to film or animate properly inside those models. I may make interiors later as add-ons, that you use just for close-up shots, but I'll see how demand and time go. Good news is that MrsSparky from Sparky's World will be doing the textures for the dropship and the APC, so they will be top class. She did the textures for the Landspeeder, Vorg, Helicopter, etc in Freebies, so you can see how good her textures are.

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 8:35 PM

Just found this. Someone used Poser and these same models to make a card game, looks like a board game of some sort. Not bad pics at all. http://www.darknebula.co.uk/Gaming/FragBugHunt.htm

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 8:44 PM

You don`t really need an interior with the apc, as you say, it would be too cramped to film or animate the inside properly, as long as you make the doorways, it should still be very good.

RonGC ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 10:14 AM

If you get permission to use the Atmosphere processor i will convert it to obj or 3ds for you. I have Lightwave 7.5. Ron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.