Fri, Sep 20, 6:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My Mushroom House take 2

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 3:18 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:44 AM

file_99585.jpg

Here's some changes I made to my Mushroom house. I still can't get it to POP! What is wrong with this thing? -Kix

-Kix

EMC ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 3:25 PM

Cool... The main thing I would say, is that the mushrooms don't look wet enough, and the skin on the top might want to look like it's peeled some. They also may want to look a bit more dirty. EMC

steama ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 5:22 PM

I feel color scheme comes off too dark and similar. Everything has a flat dark color feel. I would try to punch up some brighter and maybe complimentary colors. Maybe some well placed lights to show the color that is already there but brighter. Bring out some greens.

Other than that I think it's a great image. Very imaginative.

steama

PAGZone ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2004 at 11:30 PM

Very Nice image Kix. I agree with the above, this is very imaginative. Vegetation is very cool. -Paul

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:08 AM

Looking great. I'd say dirty it up. And you'll be well close to being done.

WeaBeast ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 7:04 AM

There are some good suggestions here. How about softening up the light, the hot spot looks a bit harsh. Mushrooms and direct light does not really work. Looks cool though.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 12:25 PM

file_99586.jpg

Hi Kix, Fun image! Take everything I say with a grain of salt. The image is 'flat' because the far edges of the objects are disappearing. It's a lighting issue, so let's try some photographers tricks... 1. Place a cool color "skimmer" light back behind the main object (see image above) This shows off the far edges by contrasting them with the darkness behind them and the cool color keeps them from "advancing'. 2. Use a cool color fill light from the side. This creates a darker side shadow that helps the viewer see the shapes. Warm up the front light to advance the forward portions of the shapes. It also contrasts with the back edges. Now, none of this is 'natural' lighting but watch TV or a movie tonight and look to see how often this technique is actually done. Hope this helps! Mark 3. Increase the depth of field. It helps the viewer 'focus' a little more clearly on what's important.

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 9:53 PM

Alright, I'll give this stuff a try! Thanks everybody for the advice! -Kix

-Kix

midazolam ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 8:32 PM

I agree with the camera and lighting ideas - add/make one of your lights a warm color - gold or something and it'll help...

-Waldo- ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 1:46 AM

How did you make the fuzz underneath the mushroom shell? I used to know how to make it years ago. I need to refresh my memory can you help me remember please? Thank you

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.