Mon, Sep 9, 5:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: MEC4D: Try your displacements under SR4 -- it's a wow!!!!

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 5:42 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:42 AM

Been checking everything, hon -- you are gonna love this update!!!! 1 - it makes everything work faster 2 - the new library change is very nice if you have lots of stuff and easy to edit. 3 - It didn't crash looking for files that were not there -- four times in a row 4 - Displacement handles much better and looks cooler... 5 - It does not resote content paradise if you have removed it. 6 - IT doesn't crash when you click cancel during shadow map rendering. I can't wait to try out a big anim sequence!!!!

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

texmextortilla ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 6:41 PM

cool. makes me wish i had P5

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 7:10 PM

yea thanks ynsaen I just updated.. and try out everything started with the light but now I have to check the displacement after your alarm post lol :)) thanks... Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 8:20 PM

wow.. this looks fantastic.. I cheked now the cloth room . the speed of calculation is amazing.. and don't hang up with many frames.. it load faster the figures to the scene as well.. now time for the hair room..:)) what was your experiences with anim sequence? I tested with full firefly setting, reflections maps bump maps displacement .. very fast

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 8:28 PM

I'm sitting here totally stunned -- everything is easily twice as fast -- and I'm still underpowered on only 384 RAM. My anim test rocked! P4/PP was never as fast. I don't know what they did, but I sure as heck no I love it! I'm doing a full on wind force, reflection, hair, and cloth test anim now -- 250 frames (I got brave, lol). It'll take a few hours, but boy I'll bet if rocks! lol

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Mec4D ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2004 at 8:38 PM

I render test scene right now with R2-d2.. render time 30 sec per frame.. I was rendering it this morning and was so slow.. I don't know what they did but my frustraton are over.. 30 more frames and I am ready for hair room.. can't wait to see the effect and speed .. I hope they fixed the problem with the hair while you use motion blur this produce not nice noises.. and the hanging up poser rendering when you use 3D motion blur in long animations ah another weekend please but fast!! lol:)) I love it!!!

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 6:44 AM

I love it, too. It works so fast that as first I thought it wasn't working. :-D

Mec4D ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2004 at 5:20 PM

I did test yesterday with short animat.. also compare the render from Poser before update and after update.. they looks not the same.. and much better..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.