Sun, Oct 6, 5:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why does the Most Viewed Gallery only have the top 100 images?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2004 at 5:57 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:55 AM

It would be nice to browse the archives with more of a head start!

SeanE ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 2:32 AM

it would take forever to download otherwise....

schmoopy ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 5:02 PM

It's interesting to note that the vast majority of thumbnails in the top 100 seem to include boobie shots.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 12:22 PM

Well it would be nice to have something to go by, where there are just so many images, from so many different people in the gallery, like a nifty little foot path in the woods! There definately would not be any need to DL every image in all of the galleries, though! Allthough a good sized dropdown would be nice though. It could let you pick from 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, etc. When I sit down to browse the galleries I do so long enough to sit back and let it DL for 5 minutes at a whack. I think this would also be an improvement.

roobol ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 1:36 AM

If you first select a topic, then click "apply" you will have different top100 listings, 3 * 36 in total. Similarly, selecting by genre (historical and surrealism are highly receommended, grin...) gives you 3 * 58 top100 listings. Selecting both topic and genre are 3 * 2088 top100 listings. That should keep you busy for a while :-)

http://www.roobol.be

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 6:40 PM

I definitely liked the other system better, one could browse as many pages that they wanted, rather than the 100 limit...

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 3:16 PM

I think people are finding more and more that the top 100 images is just a very minimal cross section of Renderosity's very large gallery. The proportionet perspective just does'nt smell right! Then there is where I say even the galleries current drop down menu is large enough. I know bandwidth concerns are a must around here, but you must still cater to those with the resources, time, and patience, and tailor for the others.

Varian ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 9:02 PM

Thanks for the great tip, Roobol! It works wonderfully! :D

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 02 March 2004 at 6:28 PM

Who can I petition too? I'd definately appreciate a little more of something to go by, when browsing all these Pictures!

Rykk ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2004 at 1:51 AM

Not to mention the fact that, at least on the fractal page, the top 100 viewed images are not the correct ones. When Rendo was tweaking their database software on Oct 30- 31 last year, a glitch occurred that assigned like 100 viewings for each time ONE person viewed the images uploaded on those days. That's why you'll see lots of pix with like 1500 views in a gallery where 200 is considered a ton. As far as I know, this was never fixed/rectified - probably a tough one to fix for a lot of reasons both emotional and technical, I suppose.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.