Sun, Sep 15, 11:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Landscape Challenge WIP

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 5:43 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 12:26 PM

Not much time for W.I.P.'s now but I intend to post this pic later today or tommorow morning so anyone with any thoughts has a limited time to comment.
Most of the pictures submitted so far are exploiting the 'romantic' aspect of this Challenge so I thought I'd try to get to grips with the word 'solitude' as contained in the Challenge preamble.

My picture shows one horsechestnut tree, one dog, one piece of common ground with one bench and one river. Juxtaposed with this 'solitude' are two huge gasometers encroaching ever nearer to our rural areas taking over the common ground and the peoples' trees.

This then is an industrial landscape, not of the future but of today, the future probably being without the one dog, the one tree, the one...............

Reactions would be most helpful.......Dennis

Sambucus ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 5:59 AM

My one small crit is that the leaves may be a tad too large. Or perhaps the feeling of desolation could be enhanced with a bare tree? Like those gasometers, though. Wouldn`t want to live there.

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 8:52 AM

Sambucus is probably right, how about something like this. Has the tree too many branches? I've sort of lost touch with this now, it is the 18th. saved version. Thanks...........Dennis

Dennisld ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 1:50 PM

file_100070.jpg

Deleted the other WIP's. This is my final, final entry for this months Challenge, will upload tomorrow. Thanks for the tip Sambucus, you were dead right. ............Dennis

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.