Tue, Oct 1, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Battlestar galactica, star trek etc

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 1:28 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/hgibbens/Index.html

The site at the link has some good Battlestar galactica, star trek and V objects in lightwave format. Some of them are lightwave scenes, if you don`t have lightwave, deep exploration and cinema 4d can load them and then you can save them as 3ds or obj to use in poser. The site also has the liberator from blakes seven and the starbug from red dwarf etc

wipe ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 5:19 PM

Unfortunately I have none of those 3D apps, coz I would love to get my hands on the Liberator in 3DS. AH... Liberator, MUCH better that that crap Millennium Falcon they used in the 4th series (Scorpio I think, pah). IF anyone does get it downloaded and fancies sending me a copy... overlayuk@yahoo.co.uk hint

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 7:02 PM

I got the "bandwidth exceeded" message. Drat, I wanted to see the Liberator. Mateen Greenway has some nice B7 pics at his site: http://www.mateengreenway.com/ Other SF shows, too. He's offering some meshes for DL, but not the Liberator, alas.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 10:40 PM

hmm..some programs can read Lightwave format..I know Bryce does, but I think Poser does too..if I could just find my #$%^ #$%^ %$% manual, er, what?..;) It's the .max that will get ya.. .lwo shouldn't be much of a problem. (if not there, I think Crossroads will deal with it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

wipe ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:03 PM

Poser reads *.LWO files(Lightwave object files), Lightwave scenes are *.lws which it won't read.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:04 PM

Poser does load lightwave and the liberator is not a scene so it can be loaded into poser then saved as a 3ds etc.

wipe ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:06 PM

Sorry, Bryce will open scenes, Poser can't. I've got Bryce, wheeeee...

videodv ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:15 PM

hi wipe check your e-mail videodv.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:18 PM

The objects are not all scenes at the site, so some of them can load directly into poser eg the liberator.

wipe ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 11:21 PM

S'okay, downloaded it from the site and it is a LWO, got it converted to 3ds and open in Max. Thanks all!

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 9:03 AM

If anyone nees these, I might be able to save these as just wavefront objects. depends on how he has them setup. I grabbed everything except the Buck Rogers maurauder.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 12:18 PM

Gareee they probably will convert to wavefront ok, but I would recommend anyone (everyone) using poser to get some kind of object converting program for situations like this. Cinema4d 6 is still free with some magazines and that is very good for converting certain file types.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 2:57 PM

I thought Anim8tor read light wave, then convert to obj. or 3ds from there. I have not used Anim8tor in awhile so I could be wrong.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.