Mon, Oct 21, 8:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 7:10 pm)

Subject: Massive posing problem using "the eldar" robes

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 8:05 AM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 8:11 AM

Hello all, A while back a friend posted a question about using the eldar robes with the M3 hooded cloak. Basically, the long sleeves of the robe, do not seem to pose well. The sleeves always jut away from the underside of the arm. So, for example, if i have his arms hanging by his sides, the sleeves extend out and go behind him, through the cloak, staying perpenticular to the ground. When my friend posted about a similar issue, he was told that the dials allow for easy posing of those sleeves. Well, I have to tell you, they don't for me. I am no expert, but I have been using poser for a couple years now and know how to tweak things. I use these dials, and the sleeves get all wacked out. They thicken, they twist, they warp. they do basically everything except what you would want. Can someone please tell me if there is a trick to make them work right? If not, I am afraid i will need to scrap that model and look for another. Thanks --Eryk

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 9:05 AM

There is a tutorial on using the Wizard's robe in the Members Only area of the DAZ forums (I assume you are a member, since the robes are PC only as I recall). Basically you have body handles on the the sleeves, which can use bend, twist and side-to-side to move the hanging sections (avoid the translation dials), you have a bunch of morphs that drape the sleeves in different ways (put the robes in the default, arms out position, and apply each morph on its own to see their effects) and you can also apply twist to the robe's forearms to compensate for some distortions when the wearer's arms are twisted.

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 28 February 2004 at 9:08 AM

oh..very cool. thank you. (Yes, i'm a daz member). I'll look into the tutorial.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.