Mon, Oct 21, 10:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No alternatives to Renderosity?

duesentrieb ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 2:09 AM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

I was surprised both by the sudden split and by the reactions of many members. As unsatisfied as I am with the current situation, I don't see an alternative to this site yet; the gallery functionality is superb, and so are the forum and freestuff pages. (No, PFO is not attractive, because of many filesize limitations and no decent gallery.) So, as long as Jack doesn't put up a technically comparative website, I think I have no choice.

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 3:20 AM

Jack owns and maintains Renderotica which is very similar to Renderosity and has good gallery. Many of the members here have essentially relocated themselves there. It is however primarily an "adult/erotic" site and would not be appropriate for minors due to some of the art. It is however a very well behaved crowd for the most part. Scarab

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 2:19 PM

There is also Big-i.com which, while still in the process of becoming fully functional, is more than happy to welcome those members who do not wish to stay at Renderosity and are uncomfortable with any of the other available sites for whatever reason. And even if you DO go to the PFO or Renderotica, stop by the Big-i and say howdy, we're always glad to see you. Kate

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 3:19 PM

Although it's primarily for Bryce, The Delphi Bryce Forum is excellent. There has been no petty squabbles in the 2 years I've been there. It is the most professional and civilized site out there. My loyalties may be divided and I have a fondness for members of all the forums, but I did wnat to add this to the list of viable alternatives. Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

jstuartj ( ) posted Sat, 23 September 2000 at 8:12 AM

While converting to CYMK is as simple as selecting the CYMK mode from the mode menu. There is a little more to it then that. If you are going to work in cymk mode you need to talk to your printer or service provider first, There is information you will need to get from you printer. This information will need plugged into your CYMK set-up. I can't stress enough see! your printer first. It will save you money and pain later. I assume you are planning your work for reproduced on a offset or gravure press hence the question? If you are just going out to you home inkjet printer leave your image RGB as the drivers for most inkjet just convert your CYMK back to RGB and user there own setup for converting to CYMK. James Stuart Johnson

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.