Mon, Oct 21, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Poser5 with SR4 won't launch again, just stops responding....

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 1:08 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

Before SR4 I had no troubles ever launching P5, when I first istalled SR4 it wouldn't launch, just stopped responding just before the credit splash screen. I uninstalled/reinstalled and all was well, however I had just previously upgraded to W2K an thought perhaps that may have been part of the issue. But now after a short time of flawless operation it refuses to launch again? Same thing, stops responding just before the credit splash screen...just sits there, I've left it and it never times out, never 'locks up', just refuses to respond. I've checked for 'double files', odd/large tmps, and find nothing.....?? Anyone else experiancing this? Oh well, been two days now trying to UnStuck it so I guess I have to reinstall again.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 1:44 PM

I wish I could go back to SR3, but they seem to have removed previous SRs from their web site, and I sure don't want to back to the out-of-the-box version. I'm not having problems starting Poser, but the background color thing is a pain, and the shadow map thing makes Poser 5 nearly unusable. Arrghhh. I can't believe they didn't catch that problem before the release, when anyone who installed Poser to the default directory would run into it. Mutter, grumble.

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 4:14 PM

I keep backup off all updates when I download them but I'm gonna try SR4 one more time, if it goes out again then I will revert back to SR3 as I had very little issues at all with it, NEVER had it lock me out completly nore had to reinstall to get it to work....reinstalling is a PAIN!

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 5:18 PM

I never came across a reasonable solution to the fact thet SR4 caused P5 to take twice as long (like about four minutes!) to launch and relaunch compared to SR3. Fortunately, I use PowerQuest Drive Image and was able to restore my pre-SR4 drive. I'll stick with SR3. No one's convinced me that the extra long load times are worth any benefits that SR4 has over SR3. If I'm mistaken, some one please let me know. Serously.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 5:36 PM

My P5 always loaded in under 2min even when on Win98, I never really noticed any increased or decreased load time even on W2K but while it worked it did seem more stable and internally appeared to be increased. Never had it take 4min to load, but twice now it has taken 'eternity' to load ;p

wipe ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 8:26 PM

I think it loads a little slower for me post SR4. With SR3, first load after boot took about 35 seconds, with any boots after taking about 7 seconds. After SR4, first load after boot took about 40 seconds, with any boots after taking nearly 10. Not [b]that[/b] big an increase I know but at least I haven't encountered any serious problems yet, though I haven't done anything much since the install(Give it time and i'm sure I will!). I read the Daz blurb about Studio(but not very closely), Is it supposed to be a rival for Poser(with all the same or more functions) or will it fill a particular niche? If it does intend to be a rival, then I'll be dumping Poser as fast as I can - 4 service releases(with maybe another to fix the last one) is absolutely diabolical. I wonder, if I got an infinite amount of monkey programmers, could I ...?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.