Tue, Oct 22, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Glossy shader??

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 4:15 PM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 3:22 AM

Anyone know where I can find a glossy shader? I've pulled a figure into C3 via TransPoser, and I'd like to create some glossy lips.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 4:42 PM

I don't know of any good lipstick shaders for C3, but I have a question. Does Transposer import the Poser eyewhite/eyeballs o.k., or do you have to fix the transparency or delete anything to make the eyes look o.k.?

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 5:18 PM

file_103104.jpg

Transposer is excellent, I've had to decrease the strength of the bump maps in C3. I just adjusted the bump maps and added a glow value to the eyewhites and irises. The render is using global illumination.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 5:21 PM

The above image is still a WIP. The eyes seem a little flat and lifeless.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 5:46 PM

Apply the body/lip bump map to the Shininess channel of the Lip layer list. Then slide the intensity slider until you acheive the effect you want. Mark

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 6:45 PM

Umm I'm a rookie here when it comes to Carrara shaders. Just how do you do that? :)

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 8:46 PM

You click on the lips or head, then you open the materials room, find the lips shader, expand it, then find the shininess channel and load the lip_bump.jpg (or whatever) into that channel.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 2:49 PM

file_103105.jpg

Here's the shader tree... Mark

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 3:39 PM

Thanks Mark and Maeto. The cranial clutch was slipping last night. :)

thomllama ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:15 PM

wow,.. looks cool guys... thinking i may just have to fork out the cash :(

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.