Thu, Sep 19, 4:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: March challenge WIP

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 8:34 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:47 AM

file_103130.jpg

OK,.......this is going to be my entry for the March challenge,.......the working title is "Clutter",.....I get the feeling it's not quite done, you know, needs more stuff, but what ? Any ideas ? This is lit with a single spot with edge softness at about 50% and soft shadows at 75%. Render time was about 7 hours. Thanks for your attention,.....TOM(sackrat).

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

draculaz ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 9:02 PM

seems like the pic is a bit too ambiant, the light that is... but hey, otherwise amazing modelling and what not. drac

sackrat ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 9:14 PM

Yeah, I know, don't know what to do to change the lighting, any darker(the spot) and it gets way to dark. I was thinking of trying Flaming Pear's Melancholytron filter. Oh yeah,....the modeling is good,......too bad most of it isn't me, except for the ashtray, the pilsner glass, the pushpins, the celtic knots paperweight and the coins, they're all imports, the centerpiece being FWtempests rolltop desk. Maybe if I used a Zenith lighting rig for the lighting ?

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 11:39 PM

Quite an image, my kind clutter though, looks good, doesn't seem to need anything to me...:)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

tjohn ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 1:58 AM

Terrific! What does the post-it note say?

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 8:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Goddamnit! Stole my idea.....sigh :-)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

drawbridgep ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:04 AM

I think it's way too good to enter. Maybe try something a little simpler that gives me a chance to win?

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

sackrat ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 10:56 AM

The post it says "Dinner with Valerie, Wednsday 7pm" Valerie is a good friend of mine, I also named one of my computers after her.

Damia ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 4:36 PM

That looks great. I don't know what else it needs. When I first saw the salt shaker, I thought why is there a salt shaker. Then I realized, because it's clutter. :) I love that skull! Still got a bit of dried flesh on it. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

kirasha ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 12:56 PM

Well done. I agree with htose that have said leave it. I don't think it needs anything else. re: the Lighting, what if you widened the diameter of the spot and then brought the candle power down? It's a trick we used to use in stage lighting. Haven't had occasion to try it in Bryce, but I suppose it'd be worth a shot? JL

Swade ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 7:50 PM

Wow.... Nice work Sackrat. I wouldn't change anything other than the lighting if you can figure out how to do that with out darkening it up too much. Looks good as it is though in my humble opinion. Nice work man.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.